Anybody know what I just bought? 2016 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just did a fly and drive to pick up this excellent 2016 Blue Onyx Pearl with Terra interior. Lovely.

But what is it? Exterior fanciness that is not-US spec VX_R, yet this was first sold in Texas. Lots of spiffy interior stuff that is not normal. And most bewildering are "60th Anniversary" logos.

Dealer created special? Original owner who traveled to the Middle East a lot and brought back stuff?

IMG_20230722_102200539_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230723_111457151_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230723_111505000_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230723_111508441_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230723_111521631_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Could be lots of lipstick including badges. Take a pic of the center console, dash, and gauges

Must be from oversea?? Or someone spent a lot of $$ to make it like a Middle East LC...

Oh yeah let's make the approach angle even lower, nice.
Clearly Lexus LX570/600 took lots of inspiration from this "prototype"....

That is an odd one for sure, looks like and overseas version.

The steering wheel has been replaced. The leather is not smooth and is pinched like a replacement.

Do those door hands on the interior light up blue?

The steering wheel has been replaced. The leather is not smooth and is pinched like a replacement.

Do those door hands on the interior light up blue?
Yes, definitely a replacement cover. But since most of them I've looked at are tattered, I'll take that.

But yes, the LAND CRUISER lights up! All 4 doors. That I will be keeping :)

You bought a 2016 USA spec 200 series that someone added non USA front fascia/grill and stickers to. Congrats on the new ride.
Pretty much where I had ended up. It was originally sold in Texas, so maybe the owner was an oil field guy who spent a lot of time in the sand, and wanted to reproduce what he saw there. And he had a biiig bonus check, that can not have been cheap.

That console pic really helps. Agree this looks to be a USDM spec LC200. WIth lots of accessories, goodies, and lipstick added to it. The owner really did put quite a bit of effort here as he even added integrated sidesteps a la LX570. Nice pieces including grill and valence. That's how VXRs came in the middle east.

The console is the giveaway as the VXR is further loaded with AHC goodies like this.

1690145862872.png

You got a US spec, with a lot of eBay add ons

Interesting. That is part of why I put this up here, to see if there were any others. Definitely a dealer thing if there are several.

God knows I would not want the interior on that black one though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom