Anybody here install the Gozzard flares? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm doing major rust repair on my BJ and these seem perfect for covering up what I took off. Has anyone here installed Gozzard Composites flares on their 60 series? Did you glue them or rivet/screw them on?

Oh and are you happy with the quality? $525 +shipping from Canada is a lot of money for me right now. Hopefully my spare kidney is still worth something!

What a coincidence ! I'm in the same boat actually and looked around at what was available. It looks like Gozzard is and might be the best option and here is why ... Gozzard Composites is actually a luxury boat builder so when it comes to fibreglass they should already factor in quality to a big degree as people are on their boats. I'm not trying to sell but I did purchase and secure pay pal payment yesterday.
As we 60 owners know, we know where they rust and in Ontarion Canada where Gozzard Composites is located, Ontario is the rust capital of Canada and every cruiser owner has his challenges.
I know the issues of living in Ontario first hand and the rust issues !
I know the Landcruiser tubs are second to none that Gozzard builds so why not try out the fender flares ?
So as I did purchase the kit I can post on your post my instal process, let me know ?
Also the proceedure is to use bidy filler to answer your question, I'm thinking of using either fibreglass or PL800 constuction adhesive.
I'm expecting my parts in about 7 days. I can take puctures of the before and after.

That would be most appreciated alberta mac. I'm new to rust removal and I'd love to see how you go about installing these. I also think it would be a great addition to the IH8MUD community.

I still need to tie some stuff together before I order anyways. I only have 1 of two rear fender wells replaced (the other will hopefully be in tomorrow. Then I need to fill gaps from the rust with new metal. I hope your install goes well.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom