Anybody ever shipped a trailer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cbmontgo

SILVER Star
Threads
As some of you know, I am at the cusp of picking up an M101 or M416 (in the next couple of months probably). There are some great ones in distant parts of the country, and I am just wondering if anyone ever ships these.

How much do you supose it would cost?

I had my 60 shipped from Phoenix to Dallas in 2004 for $ 600. I assume a trailer would be cheaper, but then again, fuel has doubled since then.

I am guessing this would not be cost effective unless I got a smokin' deal on the trailer itself. I just thought I'd run this by you guys and see if anyone ever does this.

cbmontgo said:
As some of you know, I am at the cusp of picking up an M101 or M416 (in the next couple of months probably). There are some great ones in distant parts of the country, and I am just wondering if anyone ever ships these.

How much do you supose it would cost?

I had my 60 shipped from Phoenix to Dallas in 2004 for $ 600. I assume a trailer would be cheaper, but then again, fuel has doubled since then.

I am guessing this would not be cost effective unless I got a smokin' deal on the trailer itself. I just thought I'd run this by you guys and see if anyone ever does this.

FWIW: Adventure Trailers told me that all their trailers now have to go onto a skid. And the trucking company(s) charge $300-$400 for the skid which is non-refundable...that on top of the freight charges. It sounded like it was going to cost well over a grand to ship the trailer from East LA to Reno (<500 miles)!!! FYI: The trailer is basically the same as yours with side boxes mounted above the wheels/fenders and a mounted top.

I am interested in hearing how much they will quote/charge you to freight it.

Again...that is just what AT told me...I haven't actually contacted a trucking freight co myself.

Why not go pick it up? I would drive 500 miles to go get one, no problem...even with the high price of fuel. And you can make it into a long weekend and check out a couple of cool places along the way?

Another idea is to get some friendly Cruiserheads to help you, maybe someone coming from Reno to LA? You can offer to cover the fuel for their trip?

Just a thought.....

Exiled said:
Why not go pick it up? I would drive 500 miles to go get one, no problem...even with the high price of fuel. And you can make it into a long weekend and check out a couple of cool places along the way?

Another idea is to get some friendly Cruiserheads to help you, maybe someone coming from Reno to LA? You can offer to cover the fuel for their trip?

Just a thought.....

Yeah, that is probably what I will end up doing, especially if shipping is so expensive. Decisions, decisions!

Exiled said:

Just a thought.....

That's exactly what we'll be doing over Labor Day...and exploring/camping the high Sierra on the flip side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom