Any pics of Cerakote being used for FJ40s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone use it on under the hood components - valve cover, engine block, accessories. I've seen some custom offroad vehicles with same nice color coatings.

Cerakote is used a lot in the firearms industry. It started out needing to be heat cured and later evolved to a air dry and time cure product. In either case it is a very substantial coating that survives harsh environments.

You can apply the air cure high heat version to headers and exhaust! 1,800 F rated!!!! Cerakote has some cool pics on their site of various engine parts (blocks, heads, covers, exhaust, fI, carbs, etc that have been cerakote.

You can apply the air cure high heat version to headers and exhaust! 1,800 F rated!!!! Cerakote has some cool pics on their site of various engine parts (blocks, heads, covers, exhaust, fI, carbs, etc that have been cerakote.
I am personal Friends with the Owners of NIC industries . (parent company of Cerakote and Prismatic Powders ) And i work at the Company almost every day . there is a thread in the paint and body section here about it . I have been doing a lot of my parts .

A few misc parts I have done . And 1 of the Magnaflow muffler displays. Of different colors .

9CB75EE2-0FFE-4D7A-9F8A-4DFD127807FB.jpeg

ED75CE44-080D-48AC-81D3-855A84761EAD.jpeg

0997D9BD-C631-4620-A2DE-DACA2FF1443A.jpeg

59726225-1152-4396-ADA6-4642B414B429.jpeg

3BFC64AC-763C-4EF6-9C80-04DBA54C2CAF.jpeg

I was planning on doing all of the silver interior bits with cerakote.

Both of my comp rifles are cerakoted, and I beat the crap outta those things at matches. They have wear, but are holding up well

This is a 68 F engine manifold assembly. The exhaust was cold Ceracoated and the Aluminum intake bead blasted. This picture was taken in 2017. After 6 years and 10,00 miles, still holding, with just a small spot of rust on #6 exhaust port.

I also had a set of tube headers Ceracoated for a VW at about the same time. And for whatever reason had flaking after the first couple of thermal cycling, which I chalked up to higher thermal expansion rates compared to cast Iron….however with that said, after the initial flaking, tube headers stayed black and no rust. So something is still sticking!

Personally, I think it’s money well spent!

IMG_1107.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom