another Sprung Over Pig joins the farm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pig towed

Yes, my pig had to be towed but not before it showed me what it could do. I got up to the Rapidan area Saturday night about 8:00 pm. We wheeled till midnite and I had no problems except for the fan kept hitting the radiator. We suspected a broken motor mount but thought the fan was hitting the shroud and thought it would be okay. Before we got off the trail we realized the fan was into the radiator. Not bad but steam was coming out form the engine compartment. We made it to the campsite and decided to wait till day break to fix it. Got up the next morning and the motor mounts looked fine so we took the spacer of the fan which took a long time because the bolt were very long holding the fan on. Once removed the fan we pulle dbolts form the fender to replace the the long bolts and put the long bolts into the fender.

I left early afternoon to make my way back home and I was getting such a jarring vibration I decided to baby the truck home and fix it later. I believe I broke all the motor mounts and the only thing holding the drivetrain in was the driveshafts. So now I need to replace motor mounts, radiator, and master cylinder.

All in all a fun weekend. I am looking forward to getting the pig fixed and back on the trail. :cheers:

And to think that some people say that you're hard on land cruisers :)

Hey Brian, I hope you dont let Tim drive any of your Cruisers! :eek

But I also know what its like to get a piggy towed.

heres a pic of me in my dads...
jakepig4.JPG
jakepig6.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom