Another overheating thread, cab heater tap?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had an overheating issue in my 1990 hj60 since I bought it 12 months ago. I have replaced the entire cooling system under the bonnet with the exception of the radiator which was taken apart and rodded and it just about spotless. After extensive research I have heard occasionally mentioned but never explained in detail that a heater core tap stuck slightly on could cause an issue, does anyone know any more about this?

The vehicle only overheats at highway speeds and gets worse with high ambient temperatures and the AC on. On 33" tires with stock gears pretty much factory otherwise. Might not have anything to do with this but the engine has been replaced with a pre 84?? (the earlier sleeved blocks) 2h that had 2 heater core outlets. I blocked one off when I installed the engine.

I have had an overheating issue in my 1990 hj60 since I bought it 12 months ago. I have replaced the entire cooling system under the bonnet with the exception of the radiator which was taken apart and rodded and it just about spotless. After extensive research I have heard occasionally mentioned but never explained in detail that a heater core tap stuck slightly on could cause an issue, does anyone know any more about this?

The vehicle only overheats at highway speeds and gets worse with high ambient temperatures and the AC on. On 33" tires with stock gears pretty much factory otherwise. Might not have anything to do with this but the engine has been replaced with a pre 84?? (the earlier sleeved blocks) 2h that had 2 heater core outlets. I blocked one off when I installed the engine.

is this the earlier engine you have replaced it with ?

DSCN5995.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom