another lift installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
last night i did the deed, i installed a OME medium lift onto my wifes cruiser. she doesnt know yet. i did the MAF 3in drop brackets instead of the CC bushings, a few reasons, i like the plug and play they offer, and have a small window for raising an inch.

the lift was inspired by a recient search and rescue for our niece, went into the woods, into a sand quarry (if thats what they call them), places that only the little 4 wheelers were going. it wasnt as treacherous as most of you guys have seen but i felt it need a lift for the just in case scenario.

anyway i have the usuall before and after pics for ya'll and yes it does handle a whole lot better than with the stock springs, which i have for sale now for those 4runners owners

Last edited:
i always operate under the primise that its better to ask for forgiveness than it its is for permission :D

lemme know if you want the springs for the rear, cause......i got em. ;)

well the wife finally drove it today, and has mixed feelling about it. she asked me what i did to it, my reply was "how does it drive?" she says that it drove smoother like i had done something to the engine. (yeah i know, not really the best person to ask ) then she asked if i had raised the truck up cause she had to lower the tail gate in order to get the stroller out. i paused a little (you know that pause you get when your just got caught with you hand in the cookie jar?) i said yeah i raised it a little, then i could feel the reddness thru the phone when she said "why are you trying to make my truck into a monster truck" boy the exageration that women put on us is unbearable :D

anyway, i like it and she'll learn to like it cause i'm the man of this house damnit;)

Hmmm, I have been thinking of lifting the wifes 4runner. :)

I done dat... :grinpimp:
DaniRunner.jpg

How about a 4th gen lifted 4runner. daughterofromer has a lifted 3rd gen

aaah, the brackets... dangerous terrain to tread on in these parts.... Me, I'm not saying anything...

back looks like more than medium lift...

How about a 4th gen lifted 4runner. daughterofromer has a lifted 3rd gen

Mines lifted and we (me and the wife) love it. Used the OME from slee. On for a full year now and have no problems. Steel front bumpers with winch access are also available, check out www.toyota120.com.

I say do it, then we could really be twins with the LX's and the 4th gens.

TR

Wow it does look good, my wife says the same thing. She likes the couple of extra inches on top! :flipoff2:

aaah, the brackets... dangerous terrain to tread on in these parts.... Me, I'm not saying anything...

back looks like more than medium lift...

i know what you are meaning.....but in this case, i feel he chose the correct components. It's his wife's, probably won't see any rock crawling ever, maybe not even hard wheelin. It may see some beaches, perhaps sandlots and fire roads (just guessing); and for that the drop brackets are just fine.

I also think the running board help hide the brackets.

Looks awesome! :grinpimp:

i know what you are meaning.....but in this case, i feel he chose the correct components. It's his wife's, probably won't see any rock crawling ever, maybe not even hard wheelin. It may see some beaches, perhaps sandlots and fire roads (just guessing); and for that the drop brackets are just fine.

I also think the running board help hide the brackets.

Looks awesome! :grinpimp:
you hit the nail on the head, and thanks.

what i really want to do is a when the SHTF type vehicle, 4x4 diesel(mechanical not electronic) somthing simple and easy to repair.

last night i did the deed, i installed a OME medium lift onto my wifes cruiser. she doesnt know yet. i did the MAF 3in drop brackets instead of the CC bushings, a few reasons, i like the plug and play they offer, and have a small window for raising an inch.

the lift was inspired by a recient search and rescue for our niece, went into the woods, into a sand quarry (if thats what they call them), places that only the little 4 wheelers were going. it wasnt as treacherous as most of you guys have seen but i felt it need a lift for the just in case scenario.

anyway i have the usuall before and after pics for ya'll and yes it does handle a whole lot better than with the stock springs, which i have for sale now for those 4runners owners

in that before picture.. are those 265 or 285 tires???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom