Another front cupholder option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For a vehicle engineered with higher targets than most vehicles, the front cupholders in the 200 sure do miss the mark.

I wasn't quite convinced that I would be satisfied with the 3D printed options that are out there, and after some more searching I came across this option for a rubber insert.

1697068673305.png

Shipping took about a week. Upon arrival, it made the 200's cupholders even worse. Something I didn't think was possible! The "ribs" inside the cup holders were too stiff, so the beverage container would simply be ejected no matter how hard they were pressed in. I made a few cuts along the bottoms of all of the ribs, and then did a vertical cut along 2 of the 4 ribs in each cupholder. Now the ribs are more compliant while still holding beverages securely.

It's working well so far with a 32oz Stanley, and a Carter Cold Tumbler. I still haven't done the official Raisin' Canes Lemonade cup test, but I'm satisfied with how much better it performs than the factory excuse.

Please ignore the melty quality of the bottom cuts. Had some time constraints at home...
IMG_0050.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep, I had the same experience. My solution was to use a heat gun to re-shape the bulges at the bottom of the cup recesses. It is now functional for soda cans and my slim water bottle, and it looks good - but it sure didn't meet expectations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom