Another awesome yodaTEQ creation - 80 series ditch light brackets! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No we are still waiting....

And waiting........and waiting.

It looks like they may work with the electronic folder mirrors offered with some of the HDJ81 trim models.
Is there anything different between the types (besides the wiring)?

The mirrors on the trim model I have will electronically fold flat against the truck with the push of a fancy Japanese button.
They look to be the same size...

I'll try to take a look soon, but I'm headed up into the mountains on a road trip on Saturday morning and running out of time to prepare- my wife will kill me if I start another project... and I still have to put the batteries back in and install the leds...

Does anyone know if the HDJ81 mirrors mount the same as the US Spec FJ80?

More install Photos
The photos below I feature #5

With the installation of these brackets you can install the following:
1) Ditch lights facing to the sides (installed either on top or on the bottom of the bracket)
2) Front facing lights / camp light
3) CB Antenna
4) 2M/Ham Antenna
5) Security System Entry Light / Rock Lights / Courtesy Puddle Lights
6) Sand Dune Whip/ATV Flag

Lights installed
PuddleLights.jpg

Approach from the rear
PuddleLight-REAR.jpg

Approach from the front
PuddleLight-FRONT.jpg

*There would be a wider pattern if I didn't have the bottom ditch lights installed on the mount*
Front Facing Light Ditch Light Puddle Light and Antenna INSTALL.jpg

I had a question regarding running wires into the door so here goes.

First of all, you have to decide what lights you are going to run. And like all good builds we have learned it's best to gather all our supplies FIRST. So I recommend you decide what lights you will be running on these brackets because all the connectors are not the same. Believe me it will make a difference as you will see. Trust me it's no big deal. (most of us have chopped off the back of our frame to install a rear bumper) Like I always say My Crusher will never go back to stock.

Here is pic of two different lights

Light #1 (bare wiring)

1.jpg

Light #2 happens to be Rigid D Series Duallys with connectors

2.jpg

For Light #1 install you notch the plastic piece a bit

3.jpg

Run the wire through the mirror, through the plastic piece you just notched and out the yodaTEQ bracket and your ready to mount

4.jpg

For install #2 and other accessories (providing you do not want to cut your Rigid connector I don't recommend it) notch the plastic piece as shown above But make it larger to accommodate the connector

5.jpg

Last edited:
CONT.
6.jpg

Dremel a notch into the mirror to make room for the Rigid connector and other accessories

7.jpg

as well as any additional wires you would like to run.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Here is the notch that I made

10.jpg

Now you may think how I'm I going to get this connector in this small space (trust me it fits)

11.jpg

4 wires

1) Light #1 wiring
2) Light #2 Rigid connector
3) Puddle Light
4) OEM Power Mirror

12.jpg

Here they go down the pipe

13.jpg

Walla - here they are

14.jpg

Here are some other pics

Since the bracket rides tight under the mirror

15.jpg

I needed to make sure the wires do not get pinched

This hole is so that the wires can get into the vehicle without getting pinched

16.jpg

When assembling the whole thing together, make sure you allow a bit of slack for this (a helper might be a good idea) if you have lots of wires

17.jpg

Over

18.jpg

Under

19.jpg

One more just in case

20.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to check out my small addition to the world of 80s. I love my crushers and all the wonderful people that I have met in this community.

Thanks @jcardona1 for starting this thread

I can see making a little plastic offset piece to stick on over this hole to keep water/mud from entering. The tires can fling as you can see from the chunks taken out of the paint on the mirror.
-2.jpg

More info about the courtesy LED!!!

View attachment 928824

They are bolt on 3W LED Pods putting out 150 Lumens (They are bright little suckers)
I currently have 10 pairs in stock. I'm in the process of putting together some options for lights to go with these mounts.

3WLEDPOD1.jpg

3WLEDPOD2.jpg

They are bolt on 3W LED Pods putting out 150 Lumens (They are bright little suckers)
I currently have 10 pairs in stock. I'm in the process of putting together some options for lights to go with these mounts.

Cool, I'll take a set so I don't have to do the legwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom