Events/Trails Annual Ouray trip Aug 3 - 7, 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Site #2 Hillside was not available for me to arrive a day earlier on 8/3 so I'm staying in Full Hookup #17. I couldn't extend my reservation for my existing site at Ridgway SP by a day. So #2 Hillside was still avail 8/4-8/7 when I spoke to Jill. I didn't change anything. Ridgway SP 7/31-8/3 and 4J Site #17 8/3 - 8/7.

We aren't going to be able to make this trip work this year. It's just too far from where we are located.

I am going to call Jill this week to cancel, but I want to give the spot to someone here first.

Hillsite #15
I'll take Hillside 15 if Marc doesn't, assuming your reservation is 8/3 to 8/7. I have Hillside 1 with electric and water and don't need that.
Let me know.

Greetings everyone, I want to offer my reservation campsite (Hillside #8) to another member. I believe I have it reserved from the 31 through the 7. I won’t cancel it immediately in hopes that I can arrange to hand it off to someone else.

I still hope to attend but will just have to find a place to crash if it works out. I just finished painting the cab on my 45 and still have to put it together by then, so it will likely be a last minute decision on my part.

If anyone wants my site please send me a pm and we can plan the hand off with Jill.

Greetings everyone, I want to offer my reservation campsite (Hillside #8) to another member. I believe I have it reserved from the 31 through the 7. I won’t cancel it immediately in hopes that I can arrange to hand it off to someone else.

I still hope to attend but will just have to find a place to crash if it works out. I just finished painting the cab on my 45 and still have to put it together by then, so it will likely be a last minute decision on my part.

If anyone wants my site please send me a pm and we can plan the hand off with Jill.
Sorry Dennis, you MUST go with your 45, no exceptions. I've decreed. :rofl:

You are right, I can’t make the trip without the 45.

I was just there in June and had a great time. I am using the 45 as a reason to go again. Maybe I will show up in something else. We will see.

Hillside Site # and name

1 -
2 - Chris (liveoak). will cancel reservation so this is avail . 6/15/22
3 -
4-
5- Juan
6- Juan
7- Vince
8- Dennis - NOT allowed to cancel, MUST bring FJ45 goodness for the grand unveiling. 🤟
9-
11 - Pappy
12 - Jacob Barry
13 - Ali
15 - David

Near the office, electric only sites
1 -
2 -
3 - Justin
4 -
15 -
16 - Gundersons

Pull through sites (Beverly hills)
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8 -
9 -
10 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 - Jeff & Paula
19- Larry

I'll take Hillside 15 if Marc doesn't, assuming your reservation is 8/3 to 8/7. I have Hillside 1 with electric and water and don't need that.
Let me know.
Yeah, if you've got Hillside 1 with electric and water and it's 8/3 - 8/7, I'll take that if you can switch to 15. I've talked to Jill a couple of times about giving up my full hookup #17 to get a hillside electric and water and just haven't had something that works for my days, arriving 8/3 and departing 8/7.

cool, thanks. I left them a message.
Anyone want Hillside 1 8/3-8/7 if I get Hillside 15?
Me. Too bad I didnt' check in on this post until just now. I will see if it's still avail this morning. I just left a message as well, asking to switch from full hookup pull through site #17 over to hillside #1 if David is able to be switched from #1 to Hillside #15.

Last edited:
I still have hillside site 8 if anyone is looking. Probably going to cancel it soon 🔜 f Jill will let me.

I still have hillside site 8 if anyone is looking. Probably going to cancel it soon 🔜 f Jill will let me.
No water or electric there, right?

Correct. No hookups just a campsite. I'll wait until Friday or Saturday to make the call.
Aaron, I just talked to Jill. She said you haven't called to cancel for Hillside #15 yet so she can't switch David @2manycruisers from Hillside #1 and me from Pull Through #17 to David's site until you call to cancel your Hillside #15.

No water or electric there, right?
post #1, might help

1657555849932.png

I just canceled my site, with Jill.

Aaron, I just talked to Jill. She said you haven't called to cancel for Hillside #15 yet so she can't switch David @2manycruisers from Hillside #1 and me from Pull Through #17 to David's site until you call to cancel your Hillside #15.

I got a busy dial tone so I will try again and update.

Update - it's done, they called me back and switched David to #15 from his previous. Stay safe out there.

Last edited:
I have finally accepted the reality of my situation, despite disagreeing with my family and colleagues for as long as possible. I have a work commitment for the next ~2 months that will not allow me to be out of communication for any length of time until the build is completed and I don't have to be immediately available to resolve problems (in October, if I'm lucky). And my dog has pancreatitis which means that I need to be no more than 2 hours from our vet for emergency care until she is completely better. Her recovery is taking significantly longer than I expected. So I am reluctantly cancelling my reservations (and hoping I can make new ones for early Oct.) Site #17 Pull Through will be available shortly for anyone that might want it.

Jill had actually moved me over to Hillside #1 so now that spot is available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom