Amby door wire cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gcrump01

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for a picture of how this mounts to the ambulance door. Then end toward the middle specifically. the hinge end is pretty simple. I'm thinking an internally threaded tube welded to the door? There is about a 5/8" space in there.

IMG_3208.JPG
IMG_3209.JPG

Picked up one of those off a 84. Other than the two threaded holes there was a tab spot welded with a welded nut. The tab is very similar to the one on the 79 and later bib to secure the bezel.

These were held on with phillip style screws. Looked like a button head. I agree it makes a cleaner look but like this better since will help with noise and little and cover any damage to my doors off a wrecked troopy. Can see the lower left cover damage. When I picked up the cover from the wrecking yard I was careful not to drill all the way thru the panel getting the tab. Didn't buy the door until later just because they were cheap and hard to find 79+ doors that aren't rust out on the bottom. Trying to think about the next guy and not drilling thru door paid off. One less thing to repair. The wire cover is hard to find in the US. The panels are probably cheaper than the cover if you can find it and come in a number of colors.

IMG_20190831_161238739.jpg
IMG_20190725_132635439.jpg

These were held on with phillip style screws. Looked like a button head. I agree it makes a cleaner look but like this better since will help with noise and little and cover any damage to my doors off a wrecked troopy. Can see the lower left cover damage. When I picked up the cover from the wrecking yard I was careful not to drill all the way thru the panel getting the tab. Didn't buy the door until later just because they were cheap and hard to find 79+ doors that aren't rust out on the bottom. Trying to think about the next guy and not drilling thru door paid off. One less thing to repair. The wire cover is hard to find in the US. The panels are probably cheaper than the cover if you can find it and come in a number of colors.

View attachment 2597916View attachment 2597920
I have the wire cover and the door cards. Between camping gear, dogs, and the occasional dead deer I'm afraid I will end up trashing the door cards. I will probably end up selling them.

On the topic of wire covers, could one of you post a picture of how you disconnect the wires when removing the top and doors? Thanks!

Are you asking about the wires to the interior light that runs along the top? I believe it detaches at the light.

There is round type Abiko connector in the harness. Someone is put that cover over the wires, it’s not original.
1614465594711.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom