Amazon has some great deals today, just sayin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My wallet is safe

My wallet WAS safe until I read this. Thinking about buying oil and trying to do oil changes myself instead of spending $100 per oil change every few months. I think land cruisers use 5w/30?

My wallet WAS safe until I read this. Thinking about buying oil and trying to do oil changes myself instead of spending $100 per oil change every few months. I think land cruisers use 5w/30?
Factory recommendation is actually 0w-20

You may have been reading about some of us with higher miles running 5w-30 to quiet down the valve train.

$23 is regular price for a 5quart jug of M1. A case comes in x3. No sure where you're seeing selling it for five, let alone for $23.

5W/30 is totally fine.

I use a browser extension called Keepa that shows you price history and you can even set up price alerts.

Here's what I see on almost any product I view on Amazon. As you can see, $23 is the typical price and there have been a few periods below $20. Purple x's represent the flash "warehouse deals".
1602681054499.png

Factory recommendation is actually 0w-20

You may have been reading about some of us with higher miles running 5w-30 to quiet down the valve train.

i’m pretty sure i’ve read in the manual for lx470 5w-30 is what is reccomended. Could be wrong though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom