AM/FM radio not working after BT-45 install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After installing the BT-45 in my 100 series LX, the AM/FM radio buttons do not seem to function correctly. If I press FM it will simply stop the Bluetooth sound (CD) but power antenna does not deploy and no sound comes through. This is true for AM, as well. If I turn the tune knob, the power antenna will deploy but still no sound. After pressing the CD button, the antenna retracts. I disconnected all of the BT-45 pigtails and plugged all the factory harness connectors back in and still has the same behavior. Yesterday while driving, on CD source, the antenna deployed for a min on its own and then retracted as soon as I hit FM to see if it had started working. I’ve tried messing with the dip switches but seeming as how I can bypass the BT-45 and still experience the same behavior, I don’t think it’s the dip switches. Also, all fuses under the hood and driver side kick panel show good.

Thanks in advance.

After installing the BT-45 in my 100 series LX, the AM/FM radio buttons do not seem to function correctly. If I press FM it will simply stop the Bluetooth sound (CD) but power antenna does not deploy and no sound comes through. This is true for AM, as well. If I turn the tune knob, the power antenna will deploy but still no sound. After pressing the CD button, the antenna retracts. I disconnected all of the BT-45 pigtails and plugged all the factory harness connectors back in and still has the same behavior. Yesterday while driving, on CD source, the antenna deployed for a min on its own and then retracted as soon as I hit FM to see if it had started working. I’ve tried messing with the dip switches but seeming as how I can bypass the BT-45 and still experience the same behavior, I don’t think it’s the dip switches. Also, all fuses under the hood and driver side kick panel show good.

Thanks in advance.
FYI for anyone who runs into strange head unit behavior after installing the BT-45 (possibly other Bluetooth modules) a battery reset initiates a system reboot at next IG on event. This reboot caused the head unit to function correctly. AM/FM works again, not that I’m ever gonna use it but at least it is there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom