Alarm wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been pulling out a bunch of ghetto rigged stuff in my new to me FZJ80 and came across what appears to be an aftermarket alarm, but the wiring going to it looks factory.
Wouldn't these come stock with a RS3000 ? Is this harness stock?
I just unplugged everything and taped up the harness. Anything else I should do with it?
photo-1.jpg

That does not look like a factory wiring harness. If it starts, you probably don't need to do anything else.

Def aftermarket - You could take the rest of the harness out- prob- 8-10 connections into your e- harness- starter wires may be separated- so i would connect them back together as they might be going through after market relay now

actually looks like the "t-tapped" most of them from your pic- remove those claw taps if they are on your harness- and tape up w/ 3m elec tape

Been pulling out a bunch of ghetto rigged stuff in my new to me FZJ80 and came across what appears to be an aftermarket alarm, but the wiring going to it looks factory.
Wouldn't these come stock with a RS3000 ? Is this harness stock?
I just unplugged everything and taped up the harness. Anything else I should do with it?

Definatly not factory.

If it were me, and it was, I would remove it all. Once you disconnect it from your main harness that lives around the steering shaft, follow each wire and terminate it all. You will be much better off getting it all out and eliminating the possiblity of a short somewhere. It took me about 2 hours to get all of mine out of my 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom