Aisin D40 on my F135? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a new old stock d40 (small round window) in hopes of replacing my existing carb.

Any problems with my thought process?

As always thanks for your endless knowledges!-Bill
aisin D40.jpg

I am assuming you had the old large window single barrel? I think they were all the same body-wise... try it and see. Where did you source that ?

You'll have to run a wire for the idle solenoid if it has one otherwise it'll work fine. You couldn't rebuild the old one?

Actually found it on e-bay, I plan on rebuilding the old one, but the float is pretty beat up. My carb has been rebuilt (field fixed) by Mark and Gary (thanks again guys) at last years 45 run and still crapped out immediately. So I'm pulling the tank and re-lining it, running all new line w a NOS fuel pump, and trying to come up with the best solution for my carb. If nothing else I will hold on to the new one as I now know how hard these are to find. It still has a clear plastic cover stamped "Aisan".

Carburetor Float 21209-60010 ;)

Believe it or not, Toyota.

Toyota lists that part # as a "strainer s/a" I have no idea if it is indeed a float, guess I could order one and find out.

IIRC that # lists as a strainer.:confused:

Well yeah, it does, maybe you'll just have to take a chance................... :)

The number came from Landpimp and the float from Al at Titus Will. ;)

Last edited:
Cool, let me know when it arrives.
For ten bucks, I was going to order one, I've spent more on stupider things.

Just bought a new old stock d40 (small round window) in hopes of replacing my existing carb.

Any problems with my thought process?

As always thanks for your endless knowledges!-Bill

Thoughts.

1.Once you mount it, it's not NOS any more, so you should be SURE you want to run it.

2.Even if you're SURE you want to run it [and there's no reason not to]I'd still be 200% certain that the ENTIRE fuel system is clean. It was really disheartening to see my efforts fouled up in 5 minutes with all the crap in your fuel system.

3. I have mounted 3 of these NOS carbs and was not happy with the factory float setting on ANY of them. As anyone who saw me running trails at Cruise Moab can attest. the carb will run fine, even on very steep slopes, once it is set up properly.;)

Best

Mark A.

I got a discontinued call. :crybaby:

I've got a couple of them on order at my dealer... said its a good number (even listed as a float) however there are none in the US parts system. The SE US parts system might have them (privately owned I'm told).

Assuming you got the call, I'll probably get a call next week :p, I ordered a part seemingly available last week just to find out it discontinued today :D

however there are none in the US parts system.
That's what I should have mentioned. I didn't try other dealer source I normally use which gets me nonus parts. I usually go with what's close first then the other/s which have traditionally gotten me the harder to find parts. :popcorn:

It was really disheartening to see my efforts fouled up in 5 minutes with all the **** in your fuel system.

Best

Mark A.

At least you got to take my girlfriend for a ride with your top down;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom