Airflow snorkel vs Safari (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Deny: Probably going to be keeping it in the closet just in case something happens to this one.

Wesintl: Yes, it's a Donaldson make. And YES...I just found out about that loud sucking sound driving from Langley to Abbotsford. Thing is, in a RHD, the driver window is closest to the snorkel...meaning I get an earful of that sound. Luckily it's worst only in higher the RPM range and when the window is open. When the window is closed, I can't hear it at all. Thank goodness for AC. :D

Looks good Stoney. Im going to grab one of those for my 60 too.

LOL... I forgot that snorkel is on your side...LOL

Make sure you tighten that clamp down.. I'm not a real big fan of how that thing mounts to the safari. :censor:

wesintl said:
Make sure you tighten that clamp down.. I'm not a real big fan of how that thing mounts to the safari. :censor:

Yes, good point. I did notice that the tabs at the bottom of the unit were very short, and the diameter of the bottom of the hat was a bit larger than the diameter of the snorkel body...making it fit loosely. I tightened the clamp as much as I dared. Did your get whacked off during a trip?

Stone said:
Did your get whacked off during a trip?

No.. I don't have as much hanging in the way in colorado and utah. But it made me nervous at first at how loosely it fit. I do have mine at tight as I could too. It seems to be pretty stable. I like the 70's with the cyclonic, Your truck looks good.

Picture293.jpg

this was the snorkel fitted to the 88 Hj75 2h diesel, has had a wack but has not made any noticeable difference. They look primitive but are effective with the precleaner, be suprised what ends up in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom