airbag DTC 74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all -

Getting airbag DTC code 74 on my '00 LC. Manual indicates this code is "DTC B0136/74 Open in P/T Squib (LH) Circuit". I have reset the code, pulled the battery even, and it keeps coming back.

For some back story - I recently replaced the stock stereo, yanked the factory amp. Since I used the factory speaker wiring, I installed a Metra harness under passenger seat.

Since then (and not before) I have had the airbag light going off on the dash. I have pulled the passenger seat 3 or 4 times now, looking for something I left unplugged, bad ground, etc. I even compared it to my buddy's Cruiser's unmolested original under-seat wiring.

I checked the airbag wiring in the dash, too. I just can't find anything wrong!

So has anyone had this happen to them? I REALLY don't want to have to pay the dealership to look at it.

Thanks!
Mark
Orlando

I am having a similar problem. SRS light blinks. My DTC code is B0131(passenger side). You error code is for driver side as I know. I wonder whether you solved the issue. If you solved it, please keep us updated. I'm still trying to fix it. If I solve it first, I'll keep you updated.

Jae

It's been coming and going lately. Tried a replacement SRS module, did not resolve the issue. Going to pull the passenger side belt and tensioner and plug into the driver side, and see if the problem moves with the tensioner. Otherwise, something is wrong in wiring.

Reviving an old thread. My truck started throwing this code as well. Might be in my head but it seems related to temperature. It typically does not come on in the morning but will come on after sitting in the parking lot.

Di you ever resolve this?

Reviving an old thread. My truck started throwing this code as well. Might be in my head but it seems related to temperature. It typically does not come on in the morning but will come on after sitting in the parking lot.

Di you ever resolve this?

I got the same 74 code. I think you have to remove the Drivers side seat belt assembly and see if the wiring is messed up. BTW I think this has to do with SRS airbag so ensure you take the negative battery term out before you take any wire off the seat belt. BTW I'll first clean the wiring with electric wire cleaner and verify if that fixes the issue. If not I'll likely have to replace the seat belt assembly.

BTW I am guessing this is how you take it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom