air intake tube (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where are the best places to find an air intake tube for a 1993 FJZ80? Mine is cracked. It looks like these parts are about $100 for 93s, less for most other years. What are the odds of finding a decent one at a wrecking yard?

Thanks for any help!

And just as it posted, I realized you said "93." D-oh!

Anywhere but my yard. (besides mines a '97)

No luck with vendors here?

How's the ebay option?

At the very worst, Mike is the guy at Foothills - he's really decent on prices. At least he's always been with me, since Joe left.

@LINUS I'm a newbie here so I'm not even sure how to search the vendors. First glance at eBay was about a hundred bucks so I thought I'd look for advice here. I haven't checked with Foothills, I will in the morning though. Thanks for that tip.

@LINUS I'm a newbie here so I'm not even sure how to search the vendors. First glance at eBay was about a hundred bucks so I thought I'd look for advice here. I haven't checked with Foothills, I will in the morning though. Thanks for that tip.

I previously sold the 95 to 97 air intake tubes. I have one on my son's 94 and all that needed to be done was to cut an inch off the AFM side. The AFM on the 93 and 94's is about an inch longer than the 95 to 97's. See post #2 here: 93 to 97 air intake hoses for 80 series. You can compare the pics on post 1 and 2 for a better understanding. A metal hacksaw works fine to cut/shorten the tube.

I bought this one off eBay for my 93. I was originally freaked out that it was so much shorter but fit just fine. It's not as nice as the OEM one but it was $25 and did the job just fine.

IMG_8189.JPG
IMG_8331.PNG

For what it's worth, I bought an Autozone cheapo intake tube for $20, fully expecting it to just be a patch job until I ponied up for a proper tube.

Six years later, it's still on there...

Note to self.
Don't let anyone check your filter.
Do this yourself and be sure to remove items instead of being lazy and bending the intake....bending will eventually lead to cracking.

Note to self.
Don't let anyone check your filter.
Do this yourself and be sure to remove items instead of being lazy and bending the intake....bending will eventually lead to cracking.

This goes for ANYTHING!!

I fixed mine with Gorilla Tape two years ago, still holding up...

Not for a 92. 93's and 94's will need to be shortened. So...buyer beware.
True, it won't fit. What I received did not fit. I went and repaired mine with Gorilla Tape.

Does anybody know what the dimensions of the OME part are? I've got some good leads on new and used parts that they all have to be shipped.I'm looking for a faster solution since this is my only vehicle and its really not drivable.the guy who has been working on it lately wants to try using a forerunner tube that is in stock at

AutoZone or O'Reillys. Anbody know the dimensions of the LC part? The forerunner dimensions are easy to find online and I want to compare them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom