Air Conditioning Help Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserkreutz

SILVER Star
Threads
I bought my 1985 FJ60 several years ago, and have since then been trying to fix things here and there (like most of us).
I'd like to get the air-conditioning working now, but am missing pieces. Looking for insight on what I'm missing and where things go.
I found this diagram on the SOR website that shows the components, but not how and where they mount in the engine compartment. Also, it looks like some hoses go to the left (drivers) side? Seems like every thing would go to the other side.
053B1.gif

I have what I think to be the original condenser, but I'm not sure?
20230522_155527.jpg

Here are some pictures of the engine compartment. If anyone can help me spot what I'm missing, that'd be great. Or if someone could post pictures of what their OEM system looks like, I'd really appreciate it.
20230522_141711.jpg
20230522_141650.jpg

20230522_141638.jpg

The only thing you might be missing is the dryer. Here’s some pics of mine, though I should note that mine is an ‘87 and the condenser hose routing is different.
IMG_4672.jpeg
IMG_4683.jpeg
IMG_4682.jpeg

I have similar set up as @henzmeister , looks like the receiver /drier and bracket is missing. Looks like original condenser, I would suggest to have it leak checked and flushed if you have a place that could do it. You could get a flushing kit and get the rest of the system cleaned, I would check if the clutch still works or just get a new compressor if budget allows. If you decide to replaced the compressor it would be a good time to switch to R-134a.

Don't forget to replace all the O-rings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom