Air-con bearing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the part number of the bearing that fits the air-con unit?
The reason for the enquiry is, when I switch on the air-con you can hear a whining noise.
Can only think that maybe the bearing is wearing, but thinking about it, if it was the bearing then would it be noisy all the time, so now I’m confused. :confused:
Has anyone experienced the same problem

Is this whining coming from the inside the truck, on the passenger's side, just under the dash? If so, that is the blower motor making noise. Do a search and you can find info on it.

Or is it coming from under the hood?

Hi Robert,
The noise is coming from under the bonnet. Defiantly not the blower motor, that’s a different sound, depending on it’s speed.
Bernie.

If it makes the noise when the compressor clutch is not engaged (idle revs normal) then it probably is the bearing in the magnetic clutch assembly. You can replace the magnetic clutch assembly but I don't believe Toyota sell the bearing on its own. You can remove the clutch assembly and press the bearing out of the pulley to see if you can find one at a bearing shop? If it makes the noise when the compressor clutch is engaged (idle revs raised) then it's probably not the clutch and could be the compressor itself or another component like an idler / tensioner that only gets noisy when the belt is under extra load.

I have just ordered the idler bearing and the belt tensioner bearing, will replace these first to see if the noise disappears, hopefully that will cure the problem. Do you know the number of the compressor bearing? I’m trying to avoid stripping down the clutch to get the number then doing all again when the bearing arrives. The problem I have is that it takes up to two weeks to get things delivered here. (that’s if the couriers can find us) I was thinking weather to have the air-con flushed and replaced. Is there a service period that this should be done? Could this also create the noise if the service was overdue.
Bernie.

The bearing should be a Nachi 30BGS10DST and I think you can get them from Home if a UK supplier is any use. I don't know what the service period is for the gas.

An old mechanic trick is to put a long wood dowel or similar against the suspect part while it's running, and place the other end against your head just in front of your ear. You should be able to hear the noise very clearly when the dowel is on the offending part.

Thanks’ for the bearing info. Found one on simple bearings.co.uk. Also known as 30BG05S2G2DS,£45.95

Will try the stick idea, If you don’t hear from me again, you will know the stick slipped!!

Bernie.

Did you try www.toyodiy.com for the part number?
I have the same issue: grinding noise when idling and a/c not in use. The car has been in water before I bought it and they suspect mud in a bearing.

Tried The stick on the belt tensioner bearing, and survived. Very noisy will replace this first.
Didn’t try www.toyodiy.com, but seems a good site to get part numbers. My air-con is only noisy when engaged. Hoping that it is the tensioner bering when put under load. If you have the noise all the time check the tensioner bearing. I could wobble mine. If that’s o.k., then it’s probably the air-con bearing. Two things that could probably stop the air-con from working, 1 electrical fault, 2 loss of refrigerant.

Just to be clear, that bearing part number is for the magnetic clutch not the compressor itself ;)

Sorry for the thread digg up but I have a question about my magnetic pulley

The pulley marked with the red arrow has a lot of play on it wich makes my belt snap. I have asked the garage what the cost would be to fix that and he comes up with a astonishing amount of about € 480,- euro wich translates into about $ 620,- wich is way more then a new airco compressor.

So... can I solve my wobbling magnetic pulley wich a new bearing as you can buy them in the UK? I live in the Netherlands so that close by. Is that perhaps worn bearing what causes the play on the pulley....

Note that this is for an HDJ80....is that the same bearing or do i need another partnumer

hdjmagneticpulley_zps4fa2b8bf.jpg

Airco itself works perfect....

There is a good chance that the alloy shaft the bearing is on may be worn causing the wobble.If that is the case you are up for a new compressor.The clutch bearing can be pulled out taken to any bearing shop measured and replacement found.

I think it's the same bearing but if you take the pulley off you will be able to see the part number written on it. Is it the clutch bearing or the aircon pump bearing / shaft that has a wobble though?

No.. it is just the belt pulley on the compressor that has too much play on it there is a 2 or 3mm gap due to wear i quess. Therefor the belt doesn't line up nicely anymore with the tension pulley wich also has a slight wobble. It doesn't make any bad noises but just breaks the belt due to the wobble...

Hope I explained it right..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom