Air Bag Deployment During Tenaka Warranty Work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So here is a weird one...I have a 2006 LC that I had modified about a year ago by Slee. ARB front bumper, 2.5" OME lift, 33s, dual batteries, etc. Pretty standard stuff. I sent my wife to the dealer this morning to have them do the air bag warranty work. She just called and said that when they hooked the battery back up after they did the warranty work the drivers side air bag exploded.

Similar experiences? Thoughts? Theories?

I didn't think the 100 series was part of the "Takata" recall.

I thought the recall was for a "side airbag sensor" (from Denso), and the fix was a replacement of the sensor.

Which airbag went off, front or side?

I certainly hope they don't try to blame your extras for that. Let us know. I have an '06 and I haven't put much effort into that recall. Not sure that I will.

I agree that it sounds like a dealer error, but don't be shocked when they take umbrage to your description of the long list of aftermarket add-ons as "pretty standard stuff."

Keep us updated on this. That could have been deadly...and I'm being serious. Airbags are explosive devices...good thing no one was hit by it.

Sounds like the tech screwed up. I have a 2006, as well. I dropped it off for ACU reflash campaign and had to pick it up couple of hours later as they needed to order a new ACU. Apparently the old one could not be reprogrammed. Still waiting for a call to drop it off. I hope they don't screw up my truck. It took me 6 months to find her. Their isn't many FJ100s available in Los Angeles or the OC.

Subscribed. My 2006 was dropped off at a dealer for airbag recall and came back with an airbag light on!

I've been putting off taking mine in for this recall.

I've been at the dealership for 3hrs now.... I thought it would be a simple swap out of the module.

I was told 2 hours and they told me at 90 minutes that they had blown it up by mistake. Took a total of 9 days!

I was told 2 hours and they told me at 90 minutes that they had blown it up by mistake. Took a total of 9 days!
Holy cow, I would have had some words. Hope they accommodated you well for the mistake. I will not be impatient anymore haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom