AHC delete in Malawi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased a 1999 Landcruiser 100 series.
VIN/chassis # JT111TJA008011280
MODEL. HDJ100R-GNPEZW
Engine # 1HDC180114
230,000 miles
Not sure what country it is from. I think the UK.

The AHC. is not working properly was wanted to replace with a more reliable aftermarket suspension. Also wanted advice if I should consider replacing the entire front-end. I will also be looking as shipping some other parts over.

Thanks for the help.
20230313_161013.jpg
20230330_114401.jpg
20230320_095928.jpg

If you want basic, I'd find someone with a land cruiser who upgraded their suspension and is willing to ship their old stuff to you. Or just buy OEM 100 series struts, springs and torsion bars. Torsion bars and springs you can likely find used. You'll have to tear out the AHC lines and such.

Generally I'm a big advocate for keeping AHC but your parts availability and maintenance items will be tough to find there so a conventional suspension may be best for you. If you have a laptop, get Techstream set up and see if you can pull the pressure data when testing the AHC to see exactly what is wrong. Depending on what your symptoms are, it may be an easy fix.

My wife spent 6 months in Lilongwe leading a project at UNC Project and I went to visit and the roads are horrific at best. Best of luck.

Malawi!! nice!! how close are you to lake Malawi?

It's a RHD, so not from the US. Try purchasing parts from partsouq.com located in Dubai.

I will purchase the parts in the States.

Caution: US parts are going to lean very heavily towards LHD (V8) gas/petrol, because that’s all that we received from Toyota/Lexus.

As an example, I know that the (V8) petrol torsion bars are shorter (and probably a different diameter) than the diesel bars, and not interchangeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom