Aftermarket shroud? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all!

Engine is off to the rebuilders. I ended up using Japanese Pacific Engines here in Gresham, Oregon. Final quote came in at $1800-$2500 for the rebuild, and $1000 for reinstall if I want them to do it (which I am leaning towards). Pulling that engine was a bear and would be nice to have pros reinstall it for warranty protection as well.

Anyway...

I broke the shroud when I pulled it. Any suggestions on aftermarket support? I searched Google and found cruiserparts and some $90 units on Toyota parts. 1993 FZJ80.

Any other good sources?

Try the Mud - Part Out section. People clearing out the last of a part out may sell for cheap. even cheaper if your local and can pick-up.

Parting Out...

How bad is it? cus I broke mine at the top near the radiator cap and I just drilled holes and zip tied it back together. Haven't had a problem since.

Assuming you mean the radiator fan shroud, part number 16711-66030 (now 16711-66031), $83.09 at Partznet.com.

PM me if you can't find one for some reason. I have one in great condition I'll let go for cheap. Shipping from Florida though.

How bad is it? cus I broke mine at the top near the radiator cap and I just drilled holes and zip tied it back together. Haven't had a problem since.

Putting mine back on this weekend and of course i broke it at the PS mount. Was drinking a tall boy and staring at it thinking maybe ill JB Weld a washer on it or some some other stupid way to laborious way to handle it. Friggin zip tie. Thanks you. :clap::beer:

Hey all!

Engine is off to the rebuilders. I ended up using Japanese Pacific Engines here in Gresham, Oregon. Final quote came in at $1800-$2500 for the rebuild, and $1000 for reinstall if I want them to do it (which I am leaning towards). Pulling that engine was a bear and would be nice to have pros reinstall it for warranty protection as well.

Anyway...

I broke the shroud when I pulled it. Any suggestions on aftermarket support? I searched Google and found cruiserparts and some $90 units on Toyota parts. 1993 FZJ80.

Any other good sources?
How did the rebuilt go? I'm down between Sacramento and San Francisco.

When the time comes I'm considering doing a factory short block and having a good shop do the head with me reassembling everything. Example, order short block now put on standby.

Or.... Bringing the 80 to a shop and clicking easy.

Any opinions or advice on any of this? Thanks 👍

I used aluminum duct tape on mine, with a little standard duct tape for reinforcement. Worked for a few years, but in the end it's a lot better to bite the bullet and go for OEM. They're not that expensive.

I used aluminum duct tape on mine, with a little standard duct tape for reinforcement. Worked for a few years, but in the end it's a lot better to bite the bullet and go for OEM. They're not that expensive.
I have used aluminum duct tape as well works ok, won't stay stuck to the radiator though.

Yesterday I found some closed cell waterproof foam tspe and sealed up the sides and top of the shroud.

I plan to get a new one but will wait until short block / rebuilt time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom