Aftermarket flat pack roof racks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First Post. Just wanted to get some thoughts on a question I had regarding these aftermarket roof racks. Do you guys think it matters whether the side rails are mounted directly to the mounting holes and then the cross bars mounted to the side rails (Prinsu, Victory 4x4, Westcott) vs. 2 or 3 of the cross bars mounted to the mounting holes, then the side rails mounted to those bars and extra bars mounted to the side rails (Sherpa)?

I would think that I want the weight via those 2 or 3 cross bars to go straight into the mounting holes rather than all of the weight of the crossbars relying on the bolts and screws holding them to the siderails. Thoughts?

Either way, I'm possibly going to buy either a LX470 or a GX470 and just trying to do some digging ahead of time. Thanks in advance for the replies.

First Post. Just wanted to get some thoughts on a question I had regarding these aftermarket roof racks. Do you guys think it matters whether the side rails are mounted directly to the mounting holes and then the cross bars mounted to the side rails (Prinsu, Victory 4x4, Westcott) vs. 2 or 3 of the cross bars mounted to the mounting holes, then the side rails mounted to those bars and extra bars mounted to the side rails (Sherpa)?

I would think that I want the weight via those 2 or 3 cross bars to go straight into the mounting holes rather than all of the weight of the crossbars relying on the bolts and screws holding them to the siderails. Thoughts?

Either way, I'm possibly going to buy either a LX470 or a GX470 and just trying to do some digging ahead of time. Thanks in advance for the replies.
Hi cambo -
I have started to search for racks too. This post is pretty good and links to some other posts on the subject. Specifically addresses your concern with the Prinsu rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom