After market Turbo for 3.5L BJ74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys! I am new to IH8Mud and am wondering. Has anyone used a ball bearing after market turbo and which one. What kind of psi are stock turbos set at. Thanks:cheers:

On page EM-35 of my 13B-T FSM it states that maximum turbo pressure should be between 6.0-8.0 psi or 41-55 kPa from the factory with the CT-26 turbo.

What we found with my 1988 BJ74 is that is was only really making 5 psi maximum boost with a boost gauge. So...we shimmed my wastegate to force the wastegate to dump at 8 psi maximum boost, which is factory spec. This made a big difference in engine performance. It's no rocket, but I'm quite happy with the way it performs and I'm after longevity rather than high power output.

And you're probably right...I wouldn't push these bushing bearing turbos too hard either.

your CT-26 is not teh same turbo as 1HD-T engines Stone . ? and I read ( haven't yet my boost gauge in my 80 ) here those turbos are boosting up to 10 11 PSI .. factory.

Tapage said:
your CT-26 is not teh same turbo as 1HD-T engines Stone . ? and I read ( haven't yet my boost gauge in my 80 ) here those turbos are boosting up to 10 11 PSI .. factory.

Hi Tapage:

Yup...I definitely know that, but he was specifically asking about factory turbo specs for a BJ74. :)

Stone said:
Hi Tapage:

Yup...I definitely know that, but he was specifically asking about factory turbo specs for a BJ74. :)

I got it .. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom