Events/Trails After Christmas trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's one example of not so wide open or flat...
CABDR-California-Backcountry-Discovery-Routes-2.jpg

This will be an adventure not matter how hard or easy it looks. I'm still in and looking to 2022 for more runs and maybe finish this and look at Nevada.

Ah sorry :( Just re-read the first post and didn't realize until now that you are planning on leaving on Sunday, which I am not able to do.

Cell phones + GPS = the old head'n them off at the pass?

Good suggestions. I guess it's a possibility. I would have to leave SD really early Monday to catch the group in Blythe, meaning missing section 1 altogether. Not sure if it would be worth it though. I think I'll just catch the next one.

Friends, it's not looking good for me. I suspect I will be working to get my truck up and running after Christmas.

Frank

It's official, I can't make it. I have set two goals for myself before the end of the year and that is to turn two broken land cruisers into two running land cruisers... and make a ton of trips in 2022.

Ok 3 goals...

Frank

Well just checked some road info and in Death Valley Titus canyon us supposedly closed but will call and ask the rangers. It looks to be a cold trip but will be fun!! Since we hav @hamilt0n and @BMinSD coming on the trip... thinking we will just use cell phones and let each other know when we are coming east.

Well just checked some road info and in Death Valley Titus canyon us supposedly closed but will call and ask the rangers. It looks to be a cold trip but will be fun!! Since we hav @hamilt0n and @BMinSD coming on the trip... thinking we will just use cell phones and let each other know when we are coming east.
FYI cell service in DV is virtually a non player

FYI cell service in DV is virtually a non player
Was just there a few weeks ago and there was good cell service at Furnace Creek and spotty along the road around Badwater. Decent cell service up top near the entrance to Titus Canyon, near Beatty.

Also fuel in Beatty was reasonable (AZ don't ya know...) and the Dollar Store there has pretty much anything you might need for resupply.

Was just there a few weeks ago and there was good cell service at Furnace Creek and spotty along the road around Badwater. Decent cell service up top near the entrance to Titus Canyon, near Beatty.

Also fuel in Beatty was reasonable (AZ don't ya know...) and the Dollar Store there has pretty much anything you might need for resupply.
StovePipe Wells has service also and BTW it's the Dollar and a Quarter Store now. :hillbilly:

UPDATE!!!

The California BDR is a go!!! Plan is to meet the on the 26th about around 9 to 10 with a location TBD soon. From there drive to Yuma to fuel and grab last minute items and on trail by 3. We will get maybe two hours on trail so have a few spots I'm looking at for day 1 camping. Looking at the trail via videos and satellite views it seems like it a desert road that is a good two track or nice fire road in other areas. That being said not sure how far we will get these days but here are miles we could cover.

Section 1 Yuma to Blythe 120 miles
Section 2 Blythe to Sahara Oasis- 127 miles
Section 3 Sahara Oasis to Primm 94 miles
Section 4 Primm to Furnace Creek 168 miles
Section 5 Furnace Creek to Race track 111 miles
Section 6 Race track to Lone Pine 66 miles
Section 7 Lone Pine to Bishop 92 miles
Section 8 Bishop to Belton 40 miles.

I have no doubt we will cover at least three sections but maybe four depending on the size if the group, speed, stops and weather/ road conditions. With all that said will try to be on the trail by 0800 each day and in camp by 1600 or 4 pm each day. The google from Furnace Creek to Escondido is just under 5 hours. We will stop for fuel when we come across it but for food plan on at least three to four days on your own meals. A potluck or cooking competition could be brought to make the trip a but more fun. So..... List below of those committed to come.

1. @Cruiser Bauers
2. @BMinSD

Belton? Where is that? You mean Benton?

If you are at the Race Track you could just go down Lipencott Pass into Saline Valley then out North Pass into Big Pine.
Going towards Lone Pine this time of year over Hunters Pass could be very interesting and dangerous. We are currently having a storm for the next few days. Leaving Saline Valley via North or South pass can get dicey when weather rolls in. Let me know if you want up to date road conditions and I will see what I can do.

Beatty is in Nevada or am I missing a joke here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom