Adventure Trailer Composite Drawers have arrived. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bet they bolt right up. Maybe I'll try this weekend.

Loud: Be careful when drilling/filing/sanding/etc this material. Thanks to 24HOURSOFNEVADA's advice I avoided getting glass fiber splinters on/in me during a recent table-top project with the same material.

Wear long sleeves; dust mask is a good idea; and keep everything vacuumed after each operation.

Hmmm...body lift pucks would make great spacer material for you :D

SO you're offering to do it? The body lift material would be nice if you made me four rectangular flats

Dan speaks the truth. I had my head up my arse and wasn't paying attention to the composition of the material. The drill dust looked like fine eraser dust and when I wiped it smooth, I felt the uncomfortable burn of fiberglass splinters all over my hands...for days. It is a weird fiber impregnated composite.

Numerous attempts with duct tape coupled with time finally removed all of the splinters.

As far as your drilling question; yes after lengthy conversations with AT they reassured me that it would be fine to drill through the material in order to secure them to the vehicle. I have some pressed fender style washers that helped to distribute the pressure over a larger area vs. just the bolt head.

The only thing I would do differently would be to place a very thin closed cell foam partition in between the two drawers. The drawers would squeak sometimes and I think I finally traced it to the friction between the two cabinets.

I H8 squeaks.

which bolt holes are you going to use for the 100? just the 4 of the inner brackets or are you going to try and grab one of the forward outboard mounts? I may just ship them to my reno house and swing by your place and copy your setup ;)

which bolt holes are you going to use for the 100? just the 4 of the inner brackets or are you going to try and grab one of the forward outboard mounts? I may just ship them to my reno house and swing by your place and copy your setup ;)

Yes, the four inner brackets (Eight total bolts). Let me know either way. I was at Dan's house today hauling something heavy for him in the 2010 Tundra. ;)

Yes, the four inner brackets (Eight total bolts). Let me know either way. I was at Dan's house today hauling something heavy for him in the 2010 Tundra. ;)

Thank you for your assistance!! I went by HF tonight and think I found the perfect tool for the job ahead: 1000lb tranny lift with 32" height plus multi-axis plane adjustment! And it will come in handy the next time I need to remove/install 3rds and/or t-case.

Did you do a little grill'n?

If its better we can do the job in my garage too...

Last edited:
Thank you for your assistance? I went by HF tonight and think I found the perfect tool for the job ahead: 1000lb tranny lift with 32" height plus multi-axis plane adjustment! And it will come in handy the next time I need to remove/install 3rds and/or t-case.

Did you do a little grill'n?

If its better we can do the job in my garage too...

You mean Grill'n like this?

IMG_1955.jpg

Yes, in fact we did do a little grill'n when we got home. All it took was Jessica to have half of her first bite and say, "So, you putting in for this next year?" The Oryx lived up to your claims. I knew it was going to be good by the way you were describing it, but I didn't know HOW good it was going to be. I also would have over cooked it if you had not offered the two minute per side suggestion. It was perfect! Your marinade and skewers completed the final touches to a wonderful treat. I've been obsessing over this ever since you informed me of it.

The tranny jack sounds like the perfect choice especially with the multi-plane adjustability. I'm game wherever we choose to do them. If we do it at your place, I'll bring the KK so we can storm the heater/battery/tank ideas.

Thanks for a great ending to an otherwise sh*tty waste of a day.

You mean Grill'n like this?

IMG_1955.jpg

Yes, in fact we did do a little grill'n when we got home. All it took was Jessica to have half of her first bite and say, "So, you putting in for this next year?" The Oryx lived up to your claims. I knew it was going to be good by the way you were describing it, but I didn't know HOW good it was going to be. I also would have over cooked it if you had not offered the two minute per side suggestion. It was perfect! Your marinade and skewers completed the final touches to a wonderful treat. I've been obsessing over this ever since you informed me of it.

The tranny jack sounds like the perfect choice especially with the multi-plane adjustability. I'm game wherever we choose to do them. If we do it at your place, I'll bring the KK so we can storm the heater/battery/tank ideas.

Thanks for a great ending to an otherwise sh*tty waste of a day.

Glad to hear you and the family enjoyed the all too small sampler. Kewl plate BTW! Damn...wish we could turn the clock back to Feb 1 and apply for 2010 :rolleyes:

LOL, I think Pinocchio's has the same plates as well. It's only fitting as I may have a few of their high ball glasses too. We just missed the draw limit and 2011 is going to drag getting here because of this.

I se a KK Krawl into the wild New Mexico lands. I know Brad and Redline are hunters as well. We can call it the OrYx ExPo.

hey, hey, hey, talk about off topic. there's a couple Orxy threads in HF... :p

first of all, ya gots to invite us NMrs if'n yr coming to shoot our game, er, naturalized African imports. :rolleyes:

E: needs yr receipe pls, nephew got one this yr, meat coming up spring break.
E+24: lemme know when u wanna put in, and I'll do so as well.

Pretty sure BIL always puts in, but he's headed back for yet another tour overseas, and I'm sure my neph (and neice, FWIW) would love to keep the hunting schedule intact. No promises, due to low on seniority list for vacation scheduling, but worth a shot, eh? (no pun intended, gonna hafta borrow a rifle from my BIL)

And, back on topic, Kevin pointed me at those drawers as well: know anybody what as put em into a 60? cain't figure out tie-downs besides drilling, and what with how easy she rusts, hesitant to do that.

Holding out for a system that'll be more friendly to my dogs feet: could see accidently snapping a leg from excitedly bouncing around before walkies, even with Spectre's in place. That, and I got's small :wrench: skills to bridge the (literal) gap. :eek:

pps: nephew will prolly get my 1st 60 as his DD.... so this stuff matters!! :D

Last edited:
hey, hey, hey, talk about off topic. there's a couple Orxy threads in HF... :p

first of all, ya gots to invite us NMrs if'n yr coming to shoot our game, er, naturalized African imports. :rolleyes:

E: needs yr receipe pls, nephew got one this yr, meat coming up spring break.
E+24: lemme know when u wanna put in, and I'll do so as well.

Pretty sure BIL always puts in, but he's headed back for yet another tour overseas, and I'm sure my neph (and neice, FWIW) would love to keep the hunting schedule intact. No promises, due to low on seniority list for vacation scheduling, but worth a shot, eh? (no pun intended, gonna hafta borrow a rifle from my BIL)

And, back on topic, Kevin pointed me at those drawers as well: know anybody what as put em into a 60? cain't figure out tie-downs besides drilling, and what with how easy she rusts, hesitant to do that.

Holding out for a system that'll be more friendly to my dogs feet: could see accidently snapping a leg from excitedly bouncing around before walkies, even with Spectre's in place. That, and I got's small :wrench: skills to bridge the (literal) gap. :eek:

pps: nephew will prolly get my 1st 60 as his DD.... so this stuff matters!! :D

Since we missed the 2010 application, I won't be putting in until 2011. Plenty of time...

I'm unfamiliar with the cargo area of the 60x. I'd make a wood template of the rear cargo area. I'd bolt the drawers to the false floor and then bolt the false floor to the cargo area with Nut-serts.

I'd try to get the false floor around the 1" thick mark to create a little more sliding space between the drawer bottom and the cargo floor. This would also aid in recessing the nut for the false floor, so that it would sit flush on the cargo floor.

I'd then unbolt everything, find a marine carpet that matched the interior and cover the false floor and reassemble.

If my previous holes don't line up for some reason, this is how I'm going to do it in the hundy.

great idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom