Adding spacers for looks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since money is tight right now, I plan on waiting for a while before going with wider wheels and MT tires. Might be year(s).

In the meantime I'm considering purchasing just the spidertrax spacers to make my OEM wheels stick out to give a little more aggressive look. I think they are 1.25" which I know is small, but might be enough to make a difference? What do you think?
Do you think it will have any negative impact on the ride quality (vibrations?) or put stress on the suspension? I'm already very concerned about the suspension, since it is very sensitive and the air bags/sensors are prone to failure. So if adding spacers would increase the chances of anything to break or degregade the ride quality , I'll refrain from doing it.

I have 90 miles on my truck and it rides as good as new.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions in terms of what I'm trying to achieve.

There is a lot of negative stuff out there about wheel spacers. I personally have never run them. I think if they are installed correctly they are OK, but a lot of guys hate them. I would wait until you can do it right, save the money for the wheels. No reason wasting money on spacers and having them installed, then if it does ride different taking them off and trying to sell them. Im sure that 09 rides pretty smooth and would think spacers would affect the ride.

Yeah, that's why I'm hesitant. Most of the people believe it adds additional strain on the suspension and some also experience vibrations after putting them on.

I might be tempted if someone here use them especially on stock setup and didn't notice any issues. This is a much cheaper alternative than buying new set of wheels & tires. I think the cost is around $100 for the spacers and doesn't seem to difficult to install.

they are not spacers. they are wheel adapters. spidertraxx - top shelf. just follow the instructions and you will do just fine.

If you install them incorrectly you will lose a wheel at whatever speed you happen to be going. Make sure you know what you are doing and follow directions.

I just installed All Pro 1.25" spacers on my GX over the weekend. Really changed the looks. I haven't noticed any vibration or change in ride quality. It seems to be more stable due to the sligtly wider track. I would recommend them.

If you install them incorrectly you will lose a wheel at whatever speed you happen to be going. Make sure you know what you are doing and follow directions.
out of curiosity, what directions are there to follow? bolt them on?

You've got a nice 09 GX probably worth 35-40k. Tread her right, spend the $$$ on tires. She's worth better than $100 add ons.

out of curiosity, what directions are there to follow? bolt them on?

torque specs and loctite. If you get it wrong the wheel will let you know by leaving you at any speed, any location.

You've got a nice 09 GX probably worth 35-40k. Tread her right, spend the $$$ on tires. She's worth better than $100 add ons.

Pretty sure the OP addressed this by saying money was tight and was waiting a while to shell out $1000+ on tires.

torque specs and loctite. If you get it wrong the wheel will let you know by leaving you at any speed, any location.
which loctite do you recommend or does the mfrg recommend for spacers?

Response like this makes me wonder if it is worth the risk :S
...especially with my wife and a 6 month old.

I think I'll drop this idea for now :)

Pretty sure the OP addressed this by saying money was tight and was waiting a while to shell out $1000+ on tires.

You're right.

In addition, my tires are almost brand new so it doesn't make sense to get bigger wheels right now PLUS spend half the total cost on new tires.

i'm right there with you. bought my 08 in Nov and Sewell had put brand new Michelins on it. can't bring myself to junking them.

if you do the spacers, will you take some before and after pics?

I just installed All Pro 1.25" spacers on my GX over the weekend. Really changed the looks. I haven't noticed any vibration or change in ride quality. It seems to be more stable due to the sligtly wider track. I would recommend them.

Was it on stock setup or did you also do anything else to it?
Would like to see some pictures if you have any.

With a 6 month old in the car this doesn't sound like a good scenario:

"So im driving down the road and the jeep starts going all over the place like death wobble, and i look out the window and my tire is wobbling like crazy and lugnuts are flying off ...then the tire shoots off and goes flying into the woods about 100 feet down the road... meanwhile im going down the road at 40 with three tires, so i tap the brakes and she dives right, and goes off the road.. phew.. finally its over.. jeep is in the ditch, minus a tire."
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ti...ilure-1054227/

Everything is stock. took these pictures real quick.
lexus gx470 003.jpg
lexus gx470 004.jpg
lexus gx470 001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom