Adding Oil Pressure & Water Temp gauges to 1HZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Sep 2, 2003
Threads
1,818
Messages
14,122
Location
Metro NY
Maybe one of you has this info handy:
I'm going to add a water temp and an oil pressure gauge to my 1HZ Troopy. I have the 24v Speedhut gauges already.
I am hoping to get the scoop on the best places to add the sensors AND to get the thread info for the stock senders so I can source the proper adapters. (or a source for the correct adapters would be even better)

Troopy Pic.webp
 
Oil pressure sender thread is 1/8" bspt. Use a Male/Female/Female tee fitting from a hydraulic fittings shop. It's near the starter motor.

Water temperature thread, I have no idea. However, I wouldn't bother adding an extra one, because what use is a water temperature sensor if your radiator hose bursts and there's no water touching the sensor? I prefer a engine temperature sensor that measures metal temperature. It will tell you things are getting hot if you've lost your water.
 
"metal temperature" please elaborate....
 
Back
Top Bottom