ACH line possibly blown? What can I expect? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All, 2011 LX 570 owner for about 6 months now. A few weeks ago, I got the 'Check ACH System' light and my ACH height went to Low and stayed there. Called my local mechanic, made an appointment (he was a month out at the time) for this Wednesday. Got sick of waiting, did a little research and decided I needed an AHC system flush. Began flush, low and behold the system was low - very low. Like not even registering low. At this point, an alarm bell probably should have went off and I should have figured this is a closed system and should not be leaking, but im somewhat of an idiot so just decided I would do the flush and fill the fluid back to the correct level and be on my way, which I did. As soon as I started the truck, the system went back to normal and the truck came up, but then i hear a hissing noise from under the back of the truck, spraying my expensive AHC fluid all over my garage floor (cue Migos' 'Spray the Champagne'). Rough.
I climbed back under there, removed the spare, wiped things down a bit, and tried to find the line to see if anything was obvious. This is what I found:
IMG_5471.jpg
IMG_5476.jpg
IMG_5467.jpg

Couple questions:

One, is this my AHC line?

Two, should it look like this? It seems to me like this had an issue at some point and the silver part is some sort of half ass fix that has now rusted at the seam of the fix/original line. It looks to be leaking from the area at the end of the fix, but I also am not even sure if I am looking at the right line or maybe it should look like this? Just looking for a sanity check.
For reference, this line is some sort of metal and runs along the front side of what i guess would be a big piece of the frame (cross brace? sorry idk what it would be called) going across the rear of the car - on the other side of the frame from where the spare would be (closer to the middle of the car). To the bottom of the first pic is the exhaust, and the two vertical black out of focus things in the foreground you are looking up through is the kdss? swaybar? something like that. On a separate note, anyone know where I can find like photos of different parts of the LX570 with things labeled?

Taking the truck to my local cruiser mechanic who has a great rep, helxhas worked on my prior 62 a few times and a buddies 80 series. He also told me he hasnt worked on an AHC system before, so FML. REALLY dont want to take it to the local dealer (Santa Fe, NM) who we have had absolutely awful experiences with (in my wife's lexus). Can anyone tell me how screwed I am?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_5475.jpg

That is one of the known common failure points. More info here

That is one of the known common failure points. More info here

This is what I needed!! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom