Accessory Management, Switch-Pros (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys/gals. A buddy online just showed me a group buy on the Switch-Pros product. It uses solid state switching and powers 8 buttons for lights or accessories.

I briefly searched and didn't see anything. Does anyone here have any experience with it?

Thanks!

I absolutely love mine. I put it in place of my HomeLink buttons (because they would never link up with my garage anyway). I'll get a picture when I head out and get back in the truck.

We sell them over at Red Dirt. Not sure who is doing the group buy but I'd be more than happy to reach out to them and see if they'd let us start another one. You can always email us directly at info@reddirtoffroad.com to inquire about pricing ;)

I absolutely love mine. I put it in place of my HomeLink buttons (because they would never link up with my garage anyway). I'll get a picture when I head out and get back in the truck.

We sell them over at Red Dirt. Not sure who is doing the group buy but I'd be more than happy to reach out to them and see if they'd let us start another one. You can always email us directly at info@reddirtoffroad.com to inquire about pricing ;)

Any new news on a group buy?

Hey guys/gals. A buddy online just showed me a group buy on the Switch-Pros product. It uses solid state switching and powers 8 buttons for lights or accessories.

I briefly searched and didn't see anything. Does anyone here have any experience with it?

Thanks!

Do you know where the group buy was being run - or by who?

Any new news on a group buy?

Switch-Pros tries really hard to keep a level field between all their vendors and keep a consistent image of the product. That being said - no selling below the set price and no group buys.

I will say, however, that the price is much better than an equivalent S-Pod and twice the quality. Seriously the best product on the market for this bar none.

Weird. Tacoma World did a huge group buy at 15% off with free shipping.

I'm waiting for their new model to come out next month and then I'll be getting one. Just was curious if there would be a group by here.

"Switch-Pros SP-9100 Answers Marketplace Demands...“In response to the demands of the marketplace, Switch-Pros has developed an amped up version of their previous SEMA Award winning switch panel power system.

Dubbed the SP-9100, this new system has RGB backlighting, with a Color Picker app screen to allow for precise matching to factory dash lighting. It also offers increased maximum amperage, a great number of higher am circuits, and the ability to Daisy Chain up to three switch panels to one power module. With the addition of a power module voltage and temperature readout on the app screen, and adjustable current limits for each circuit, this system offers features that far exceed what the user would expect for the price point. We have even added color coded output wires to help the installer map out and trace wires during the installation process.

As with the original model, it is still an 8-switch membrane style touch panel. There are no fuses and no bulky relay box. The built-in Bluetooth module, waterproof and solid state power module, dimmable outputs, and free Apps (for both iOs and Android platforms) are still features offered at no additional charge.” [SEMA Press Release]"

I saw that - go to the end of the thread and you'll see it never happened. That thread started 2+ years ago. They also posted to their Twitter a warning about Group-Buys happening with counterfeit Swit-Pros devices. Just a heads up.

Weird. Tacoma World did a huge group buy at 15% off with free shipping.

I'm waiting for their new model to come out next month and then I'll be getting one. Just was curious if there would be a group by here.

"Switch-Pros SP-9100 Answers Marketplace Demands...“In response to the demands of the marketplace, Switch-Pros has developed an amped up version of their previous SEMA Award winning switch panel power system.

Dubbed the SP-9100, this new system has RGB backlighting, with a Color Picker app screen to allow for precise matching to factory dash lighting. It also offers increased maximum amperage, a great number of higher am circuits, and the ability to Daisy Chain up to three switch panels to one power module. With the addition of a power module voltage and temperature readout on the app screen, and adjustable current limits for each circuit, this system offers features that far exceed what the user would expect for the price point. We have even added color coded output wires to help the installer map out and trace wires during the installation process.

As with the original model, it is still an 8-switch membrane style touch panel. There are no fuses and no bulky relay box. The built-in Bluetooth module, waterproof and solid state power module, dimmable outputs, and free Apps (for both iOs and Android platforms) are still features offered at no additional charge.” [SEMA Press Release]"

I saw that - go to the end of the thread and you'll see it never happened. That thread started 2+ years ago. They also posted to their Twitter a warning about Group-Buys happening with counterfeit Swit-Pros devices. Just a heads up.

Interesting! Thanks for clearing that up. Either way for $549 the SP9100 is a killer deal. Will you be getting them next month? I'll buy through you.

Interesting! Thanks for clearing that up. Either way for $549 the SP9100 is a killer deal. Will you be getting them next month? I'll buy through you.

Yes sir! Just let me know when you're ready. And I agree it is a KILLER deal. Makes me tempted to upgrade mine to the newest one!

Hey I'm about to order one from you guys. Where did you install the power module in the engine bay?

I used some stainless all thread to create a mount. I just drilled some holes in the mounting bracket, replaced one of the bolts in the diagnostic bracket with all thread and put another all thread in the empty threaded hole.

I just reused stock threaded holes that were already in the engine bay.

EDIT - I needed a longer power cable to get this to work in that location. I called Switch-Pros and they were able to provide a longer cable at a nominal fee. The wire they use is really good stuff - I looked at making my own. There is a limit to the length though, I can't recall what that length is.

20180806_173856.jpg
20180806_173845.jpg

Last edited:
I used some stainless all thread to create a mount. I just drilled some holes in the mounting bracket, replaced one of the bolts in the diagnostic bracket with all thread and put another all thread in the empty threaded hole.

I just reused stock threaded holes that were already in the engine bay.

EDIT - I needed a longer power cable to get this to work in that location. I called Switch-Pros and they were able to provide a longer cable at a nominal fee. The wire they use is really good stuff - I looked at making my own. There is a limit to the length though, I can't recall what that length is.

View attachment 1761683 View attachment 1761684
Nice, clean install. May not be a good location for me as I'm planning to install a second battery there.

Did you ever take a picture of this? My HomeLink doesn't work with my garage either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom