AC Shop Recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

My ac compressor is refusing to kick on at all this spring. It was blowing hot (but running) when I bought it last July, so I added a can of R12 the PO gave me. I assume their is a decent leak and I am now completely empty. Any recommendations on shops locally to convert the system/seals over to something newer?

Thanks!

Are you in Austin tx?

Go or call 512-586-8686. 5 star auto. Ask for Long. Tell him Mike from Charles Maund Toyota sent you. He worked on my fjz80, e60 m5, and my e60 550(sold it). He will take care of you. Trust me. Been going to him for all my cars for over 4 years.

I took my 80 to A/C Authority a couple years ago, A/C had not been functional since I bought the truck. He fixed me up and it's been running perfectly ever since, made summer beach trips for the family possible. His rates are pretty cheap as well.

Address: 1109 Martin Ave, Round Rock, TX 78681
Phone:(512) 218-0722

Go or call 512-586-8686. 5 star auto. Ask for Long. Tell him Mike from Charles Maund Toyota sent you. He worked on my fjz80, e60 m5, and my e60 550(sold it). He will take care of you. Trust me. Been going to him for all my cars for over 4 years.
Thanks for this recommendation. Long had the AC running perfectly for a great price!

For the Record (As I understand the OP has resolved his problem) doing the base work on the 80's AC system is straightforward. Seals are super simple, everything is held together by 10mm bolts. I generally replace my drier, expansion valve, and clean my cooling unit every 24 months, then take it to the shop to have it charged. Just food for thought. (Don't just vent refrigerant into the atmosphere...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom