AC Gurus - I need your guidance - Blinking light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just thought I would update:

I have bitten the bullet and took it to a shop. This was hard to do as I have only taken my cars to a shop for new tires. I have a couple mechanic friends that recommended a local shop here in Katy, TX.

We will see what they say and I will keep the thread updated.

Well, it has been a few days and there is nothing mechanically wrong. They have been checking pinouts for correct voltage, etc... Still no resolution. We are headed to Florida so hopefully the mystery will be solved by the time we get back.

Well, it has been a few days and there is nothing mechanically wrong. They have been checking pinouts for correct voltage, etc... Still no resolution. We are headed to Florida so hopefully the mystery will be solved by the time we get back.
I'm also in Katy and having the same issue. Any updates?

I'm also in Katy and having the same issue. Any updates?
Well, they have narrowed it down to the AC Amplifier (which is where I was without chasing every wire). They are getting parts this week and should have them installed soon after. I fear this because I read people have replaced the amplifier and still have issues. My 99 LX470 seems to be blinking now after sitting in the hot days now too. 4Runner is cold as ever (thank goodness).

Y’all may have already checked this, but I have to wonder if one of the sensors, that control whether or not the compressor should engage, might be intermittent?

I do know that I used to get the flashing yellow compressor light, if it was wet, and I accelerated too hard, too soon. It turned out that my serpentine belt was slipping enough to trigger the engine speed =/= compressor speed situation. Not that I think this is y’all’s current issue, but misreading compressor speed, coolant temp, air outlet temp, or refrigerant pressure, might give a similar result.

( From New member .. need help - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/new-member-need-help.1003546/page-2#post-11158611 )

IMG_0632.png

I have updated my main thread but i wanted to update this as well in case anyone searches.

Huge News on the AC BLINKING LIGHT issue!
I turned the Land Cruiser into Katy L & T (Lexus and Toyota) and the wonderful owner there, Miguel, suggested that the 3 knob control panel (that I changed out a few years ago from the Multifunction Display) was not responding correctly so I bought another one. A week later it came in and I swapped it out and it worked great for a day and then started the blinking again. I have literally changed every part of the AC system out now. Recalling what Miguel said from the shop and the fact that the problem kept getting worse, I figured it was in the wiring.
I took the Wire Wrap off of the soldered joints and remelted every single one. That was 3 weeks ago. Guess what? No issues and we have taken it through many different driving conditions.
So glad to have that fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom