Ac compressor wobble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve started Getting a noise coming from my ac compressor when the clutch is activated, it sounds like a bearing is going bad, it’s noticeable but not a screech or anything. There’s also a red sort of dust surrounding the area now and not entirely sure why, but the wobble on the front end is very noticeable. I’m trying to not need to order an entirely new compressor, so is there a bearing in the magnetic clutch that could be going wrong? Any bearings in parts 88403, 88301, 88302?(see photo)
It’s a 94 kzj78

64B57038-22A0-42AD-8978-33B4FBEB0288.jpeg

All I can tell you is when I found a 12V clutch for my 24V truck, my mechanic said he got the bearing from the new 12 and put it in the 24V.

There is a clutch bearing that is relatively easy to replace.Sounds like your issue. Quite common for these to go kaput. I am guessing yours is a denso 10pa17c compressor? There are youtube vids showing 10pa clutch bearing replacements.

There is a clutch bearing that is relatively easy to replace.Sounds like your issue. Quite common for these to go kaput. I am guessing yours is a denso 10pa17c compressor? There are youtube vids showing 10pa clutch bearing replacements.
Thanks for the info, I’ll give replacing that clutch bearing a shot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom