ABC's of 80's Cooling Part III - Press Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ballenger sells the crimpers. I have a set and really like them:

The wire, at least in the engine bay and other exterior areas, AFAIK, is not Yazaki, but Sumitomo, most of it AEX type. The dash harness is also Sumitomo, but it has several types of wires in it, some shielded, some not, whereas the engine and transmission harnesses, again AFAIK, are all the same AEX (or equiv) type.

I saw those crimpers, but was concerned they wouldn't work well for unsealed or sealed yazaki terminals. for deutsch, i'm sure it won't work at all. i've bummed a friends tools for serious wiring, but may as well finally break down and get my own

as for wire, i'm settled on GXL, or maybe TXL for the extra thin jacket for interior wiring. while i have no hope to find it on local parts store shelves, it is more available than AVS, CAVS, or AVSS wire the Yazaki catalog calls for. i haven't yet looked up those specs or gone down that rabbit hole. sounds like you have!

FWIW, the terminals aren't sealed, the connector housings are. The same terminals are used in both. The terminal only cares about the wire diameter and the seal only cares about the insulation diameter. The connector needs to be compatible with both. I think the green, brown and black seals all have the same OD, meaning they'll all fit in the same housings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom