A442F different issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys

I know there are hundreds of posts about a442f issues on IH8mud, I read a lot of them but can't seem to find someone with similar problem.

Ill try to explain. If the car/gearbox is still cold it seems to work just fine. But once it warms up then I experience slipping (I think so). When I drive slow like over a speed hump and accelerate normal it is as if the car misfires (but the revs seems to stay stable) but when I accelerate more or shift manually to 2 gear it works fine. I though for a while it was the second gear but the other day I stopped almost lets say doing 2km/h and accelerated and experience the same slipping. Sometimes when I accelerate from stand still just normally then I experience the same, but when I accelerate hard then everything is fine.

High speed no issues, uphill at about 120km/h no issues. And some days it is worst than other days. I have done a complete fluid change cleaned the pan and replaced the filter about 2 months ago.

After reading diffident posts I thought maybe it is in 1st or 2nd but it can be between shifts, or the issue is with the torque converter or the solenoids. I am the third owner so I don't know if the fluid was ever changed.

Thanks guys hope I can solve the problem and not be to expensive.
Regards

You have the typical solenoid issues buy a set change them and the fluid clean the screen and be happy

What @shocktower said. If you want to confirm it’s the solenoids you can do the manual shift test by disconnecting the solenoid plug on the drivers side of the transmission and drive it shifting manually. if everything is good then it’s your solenoids.

are you guys sure he even has a 442 like ours? i know some markets got a full hydro version and it might not even use the same solenoids as ours.

If you end up with the electric shift A442, make sure to search ‘AW450 solenoids’ or something like that. Same solenoids, but WAY cheaper than from Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom