A440F Transmission issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RocketCityCrzrs

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rocketcitycruisers.com
I'll try to keep it simple, but i made the horrible HORRIBLE mistake of letting aamco do a tranny rebuild for me 2 years ago and have nothing but issues since. I have been, since, using Nance Transmission and have really enjoyed their support, but the trans still isn't right. When the truck is cold and it shifts from 4th to lockup the truck feels like you are driving over those idiot sleep bumps on the side of the road. Very fast violent vibration that shakes the whole truck. If i let off the gas and then try to accelerate about 70% of the time it stops. if i try to accelerate while it is vibrating, it gets worse. After the truck runs for about 15-20 minutes, it stops and usually won't do it again until cold start the next morning.
I have had Nance put a new lockup cylinder on it, and a new torque converter. He has also gone through the valve body and said all of the valves seem to be in working order. Our recent discussion he thinks that a valve maybe sticking when it is cold but isn't sure.
I have spent stupid $$ trying to get this corrected and am just at the point to put a reman in it, but i can't find any reputable brands that sell them. I have also looked at doing the 5speed route, but i don't like that option due to the short clutch throw that the truck would have since the seat is so damn close to the firewall.

Thoughts??

shot in the dark, if it only happens when cold it may be an ATF viscosity issue?
Maybe a good flush and higher quality ATF?

Definitely what I was thinking. Better quality fluid will make a difference. Especially on a rebuilt or new tranny.

Great advice guys. This is a great place to start. I have also contacted ACC in atlanta about a heavy duty valve body. I would much rather just do a fluid change on what i have and alleviate the problem though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom