Builds A proper introduction - 2016 GX 460 Premium build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MCDavis, I had asked this question earlier but did not get a reply.
Q: how much load can these molle racks hold?
So more to the point, how much do you think you have on there with an air compressor, tools, and more? That looks like a lot of weight on there.
Does it still feel solid? Or does it feel like it would be flexing on bouncy roads and maybe tear away from the mount/crack/bend??
Sorry Richard! Replied on CL.

No worries MCDavis! Suggestion, you may want to cut and paste your reply to this forum also for those who don't do CL.
Also for me, I don't do CL as much as I'm on here. For me, this is my go-to forum. :)

Reposted from CL:
Victory did not give me a number, however with the majority of the weight hanging from the handle I would say it's capable of much more than I've attached. I'm around 50lbs based upon my very rough estimates, and from carrying all of the contents in the bin I had on the floor. Other companies have stated 60-80lbs for their applications. I may move the long vertical bag's contents closer to the seat backs as that side is more stable.
It feels VERY solid directly beneath the handle. I doubt any of this will bend, as I couldn't get the panel to flex before install while casually man-handling it. I'm sure this is why companies are using steel and not aluminum.

I also don't love the towels just placed behind the panel, so I've got a "dump pouch" in my cart pending measurements.

I’ve spent some time in the past weeks working on my organization of the MOLLE panel. Finally have it arranged in a useable format. Complete with a couple goodies I picked up at Expo East this weekend.

3A7A06EB-A65F-422A-9F15-9F407F36B6E5.jpeg

Reactions: r2m
I just ordered 2, one for each side.
Since I'm an Army reservist AND since our ACU (digital) uniforms are now obsolete as of October, 2019. New uniforms are now OCP (almost just like Mulitcam). So on that note, I have to re-purchase my load out on my plate carrier vest, belt, holster, etc. and change out from ACU digital. So I plan on using all my old ACU digital load out equipment on these MOLLE racks!

WAITING for Pictures!!!!
📸 📷

Mark at Detours Hardware of Maine (aka Detours off-road) made me the "Knucklebone" earlier this spring. Loved its function, until we started traveling and realized that the tire, when pivoted down, was a massive hindrance when loading and unloading. Simple. Functional. But in the way.
A local club member jumped on buying it from me, so I did the only logical thing, and sold it to upgrade. This is the test fit of the "Ridgerunner", Mark's take on the swing out. It's made to order, for my exact specs, and the fitment is ideal. The main beam is angled towards the bumper slightly to keep the clearances minimal and the departure angle as best as possible. It's in the garage with its first coat of bedliner curing. A great option for those looking for a non-cutting solution for a tire carrier.

IMG-5942.jpg

IMG-5941.jpg
IMG-5937.jpg

Tire carrier, part deuce, is complete. The swing out is MUCH easier to live with day in and day out. Should have done this from the start.

IMG-5958.jpg
IMG-5959.jpg
IMG-5960.jpg
IMG-5961.jpg

Just a couple dollars shy of $700 shipped to from Maine to VA. Mark at Detours of Maine constructed it specific for my vehicle. It's a great option and requires zero cutting.
Thanks for the reply. It's exactly what I'm looking for. I have a 2011 Premium. I would think it should fit mine too. I'll contact them and see if there are any differences.

Thanks for the reply. It's exactly what I'm looking for. I have a 2011 Premium. I would think it should fit mine too. I'll contact them and see if there are any differences.
It's made to order, custom fit to your specs. There's nothing in stock, and his lead time is 8-10 weeks. Worth it though as Wilco and Rigd don't fit like this.

Install complete. The 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers are off and sold, and the OEM wheels are in the garage. We swapped the 265/70/18 Ridge Grapplers over to a set of Fuel's "Tech" D672 in 18x9" on +1mm offset. Quite pleased with the outcome. These wheels are a touch over a pound lighter than OEM and with the weight of the spacers, it appears I've gained back about ~3lbs per corner. Seems most notable when accelerating at highway speeds.

Pics:

IMG-6680.jpg
IMG-6681.jpg

Install complete. The 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers are off and sold, and the OEM wheels are in the garage. We swapped the 265/70/18 Ridge Grapplers over to a set of Fuel's "Tech" D672 in 18x9" on +1mm offset. Quite pleased with the outcome. These wheels are a touch over a pound lighter than OEM and with the weight of the spacers, it appears I've gained back about ~3lbs per corner. Seems most notable when accelerating at highway speeds.

Pics:

View attachment 2178323View attachment 2178324
Those look great! Did you get the load range E tires?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom