A-pillar gauge pod for 2-3 gauges? (2-1/16") -- Gauges for Supercharger install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SWEET!!!
Please do!

If you want 2 guages, it was a Acura Integra pod guys were buying.
I’d looked into it all before I got into the 3 guages pod I got into.

Unless you’re doing a Android tablet or PLX guages, you need the 3) 2 1/16” readings to get a real read on your setup. (a/f-R, boost, pyro)

:meh:

Not really concerned with boost as im not going with smaller pulley., not worth the extra heat generation in my opinion.

Not really concerned with boost as im not going with smaller pulley., not worth the extra heat generation in my opinion.

Acura Integra pod it is then.

I’m a $hitty salesman, and I don’t ‘snakeoil’ anybody.

If people really want a real 3) 2 1/16” pod that retains the grab handle - I can get that to reality.

It’s really for the turbo folks TBH IMO.

That said, I’m no expert on either side of manifold-pressure setups (I know gas tubes & gas blocks, or pushrods & hybrids to a real decent point, for those who know the world I’m referencing) — but I’m not out to oversell anybody and I really am hesitant to make copies of what I have in hand since most guys here like to build their own stuff. I know I do.

IDK - it’s really going to take the turbo crowd who understands $ wants the “big 3” in guages to make me willing to help out.

Look at the date I originally posted & bought in w/ Adrian (the org guy I started with) - and to now. If I invested in Google instead of going in with A, I think I’d be living in Haida Gwaii & I’d be a long-gone member. ;)

See, i would like a backup oil pressure, water temp and maybe trans temp. Just like knowing whats going on and having backup gauges. I have a ton of gauges from my old race truck(auto-meter) and would like to use them. I literally have every gauge a race vehicle would need, plus some others. I would like to know actual numbers not “between here and there”. Prob not necessary, but its what i would like.

So.. you can source an Acura gauge pod?

Was this @ me?

— If so, no. Not offhand.

I can look into it, but I just knew the answer from “back when” so I wanted to give out exactly all I knew (again, crappy “salesman tactics” - haha).

I want to say guys were gettign it from their local Vatozone, but that’s where it gets fuzzy. We can look though - I think it’s been a few years since Acura even made an Integra so no clue what the deal will be.
Anyhoooo, that was where peeps were getting/chop-fitting into a 80 pillar for 2) 2 1/16” units.

HTH!

I caught a PM so as a general announcement I have a positive mold I made out of it now & had been shopping it around.

Finding a shop willing to do a small run like ~50 at a reasonable $$/per unit is hard - everyplace I’ve talked with is more thinking 4-10x that number, and I doubt all 50 would sell based on the fact some guys are happy w/ 2guages, or the PLX & Android displays - not like it’s 1992 where traditional guages were the norm.

I’m still working the situation, so you all know.

Current status on These? Is this project still in the works?

I’ll shoot straight here. I’ve been fishing & <6 people have expressed interest.

Unless something like ~40+ people express interest (meaning 10 sell immediately) - the production cost on such a small run means a good ~$100 (or more!) -by the time we add shipping, and for ~$30 the dual pod/PLX gauges or doing a tablet (what I see as best & cheapest) - seems more what people want than 1970’s/80’s -type single function 2 1/16” rounds.

Start a ‘role call’ list if you want one - otherwise I’m just not seeing enough demand.

And I don’t want a stack of ~35+ of these sitting because I did a 50 count min run :meh:

If you all show me I’m way “off the mark” - LMK.

Otherwise, that’s bait/boat money.

I’ll shoot straight here. I’ve been fishing & <6 people have expressed interest.

Unless something like ~40+ people express interest (meaning 10 sell immediately) - the production cost on such a small run means a good ~$100 (or more!) -by the time we add shipping, and for ~$30 the dual pod/PLX gauges or doing a tablet (what I see as best & cheapest) - seems more what people want than 1970’s/80’s -type single function 2 1/16” rounds.

Start a ‘role call’ list if you want one - otherwise I’m just not seeing enough demand.

And I don’t want a stack of ~35+ of these sitting because I did a 50 count min run :meh:

If you all show me I’m way “off the mark” - LMK.

Otherwise, that’s bait/boat money.

I am in for one and would be willing to pay up front if needed. I might even be willing to buy two if that helps you get to your 10 count minimum to make this happen. If you had enough commitment would you make a 2 or 3 pod piece? What color would they be made in?

Could you post a picture of the prototype, so we have an idea of what this would look like?

@Tank5 - yep, I’ve got one in the garage somewhere that didn’t go to the stereo shop to get ‘glassed into a positive mold.
-Should be easy to get a pic up tonite, let you see the chachi - thin plastic I have & know the diesel guys would hate when idling & getting any “diesel shake” happening.

I’m just not really seeing overwhelming demand ATM - and I neither want ~30+ of these gathering dust or my $$ tied up in said dust collectors.

If people demand it, I’ll go the full distance & they’ll be quality, but the production run #’s make our $$$/unit really outlandish per quotes I have to date, let alone the shipping & anything else.

I have had people say “thousand?” - when I say “between 30-50” on the phone. :oops:

Maybe doing these in a 3D printer is a better path to pursue, just an idea that hit me right now. I’ll add dimensions & pics, let the 3D printer guys have their input on size/quality of outcome & cost/unit.

Edit 5/17 - sorry, I didn’t have time to get good shots until today -

Here’s exactly what you’ll get in the mail if you buy one from Australia Ebay, etc / what I’m starting from & I’ll point out weakness(es) as I see - this is NOT the one I used to make the positive from, so no handling marks as we used the other to make the mold:

Weaknesses:

1/8” (at best) used to press, so the pod itself has walls **barely** a 1/16” thick as the sheet heats & stretched, really alot of areas were more in the ~12/32” area.

The space between guages is so cramped, any brand gauge with any face flange will need finesse with a dremel, or you need to be very mindful of what style/brand gauges you buy.

-If I’m putting my name on this, I’m reworking the pod to be slightly bigger, and doubling the plastic thickness in the pod & if end buyers need to dremel back some of the overly thick plastic that would result on the ends where it tucks into the dash & up top, that would be better than getting an exact copy of this (IMO) - for anything nearing what would be ballpark ~$150 on your doorstep.

The positive is sitting down at the stereo shop, and I intentionally made it off the outside to “grow” the pod area issue.

::::Esp if you’re on a phone or tablet, you’ll see the ‘crowding’ issue at the tops of the center gauge the worst, and the bottom one as well ::::

I’m open to hearing any resident 3D printer experts advice, I think our production numbers are so low thermoforming from sheet ABS isn’t cost-effective.

Any and all strengths and weaknesses- point ‘em out guys!

This as it sits isn’t my personal work & I wouldn’t sign my name to it, so fire away, I’m just the dude sitting on this & if we want a quality piece we need everybody to point out anything I’m either overkilling or things I’m flat overlooking in the design as it sits.

Last edited:
I would buy a two-gauge pillar pod. I've been hunting all over for the elusive ATM-20112 part for an Acura Integra, and have actually TWICE received an ATM-20110 from different vendors... which does not fit. Happy to pay up-front too.

Well, this was going to be a triple unit or bust.

And frankly, bust is where this is headed.

I’m going to rework the one I have in hand to do a personal unit if Joey F/C’s the turbo (only way I want a turbo or need the gauge stack) - & maybe find a 3-D printer who will work w/ me - there’s no chance we’re breaking even 25 of these as a whole. Even with the guys who spoke up ~3yrs ago.

The pictured one already has been spoken for many moons ago, so it’s his to claim - but :::if::: the other one I made the positive from is still decent (I think it was, esp if you wrapped with cloth- it’s still at the shop) - but as for getting a thermomolded unit, this just isn’t seeing the masses clambering for them.

Unless a 3-D printing guru can sway my opinion, this is just an albatross of a part.

Well, this was going to be a triple unit or bust.

And frankly, bust is where this is headed.

I’m going to rework the one I have in hand to do a personal unit if Joey F/C’s the turbo (only way I want a turbo or need the gauge stack) - & maybe find a 3-D printer who will work w/ me - there’s no chance we’re breaking even 25 of these as a whole. Even with the guys who spoke up ~3yrs ago.

The pictured one already has been spoken for many moons ago, so it’s his to claim - but :::if::: the other one I made the positive from is still decent (I think it was, esp if you wrapped with cloth- it’s still at the shop) - but as for getting a thermomolded unit, this just isn’t seeing the masses clambering for them.

Unless a 3-D printing guru can sway my opinion, this is just an albatross of a part.

I have a local shop that can do thermo-moulding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom