a little advice please? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have, like most of us, big plans for my 80. I do not have a whole lot of cash and it will take probably 3 years maybe more to get my 80 to where I want it. I have pretty much gotten it to a good base line with things as it stands right now.

Just swaped my PHH and radiator along with all fluids. I will be replacing my waterpump and hoses , belts, fan clutch has been done and some other things soon also.

I would like to do the Slee 2.5 inch lift next but the thing is that will be about as much as I can afford for a while. The 80 will be fully loaded down(ARB front/back, subtank ect...) someday but not anytime soon. the slee site says

"It should be noted that if the Heavy Load suspension is used in an application where there are no additional weight on the truck, it could lead to a harsh ride as well as vibrations and handling anomalies."

should I just get the heavy/medium for now? Will I only have to swap the rear coils when the time comes to get rear bumper and drawers ? will I have to replace the shocks then as well?

In case you cant tell I no next to nothing about suspension.

Also i know shops do not like you to bring your own parts in. Should I just have the shop order the kit from Slee or should I buy it? What would be a reasonable cost for a shop to install the kit?

thanks all.

I think you are talking about the OME lift. It's not hard to install yourself. Slee is an OME dealer, It might be better to find an OME dealer where you live and have them install it.

Here is a link on OME Lifts from the FAQ:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=93325

Slee does have his own custom lifts that you can only get from them, but based on your post it looked like the OME lift to me.

Cool thanks that helped a lot!

On the slee site the have a 2.5 medium kit for $808 what would be a fair price for install of this complete kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom