A dead horse- Mileage or horsepower? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I apologize in advance for this, but I am looking to take the plunge soon on an LX470 so I wanted to get the forum's input. All things being equal, which would be a better purchase: 2005 LX470 with 90K or a 2006 with 140K? The price is roughly the same, both rust-free, both had timing belt/water pump done.

The real question being, is 25hp worth 50K miles?

Everyone's input is greatly appreciated.

I have a 2006 and have driven a 2005, I don't think you'll notice the difference in power, especially when referring to torque (12 ft lbs). I agree that the lower mileage would be more desirable. Both have same features like AHC and Navigation?

I have a 2006 and have driven a 2005, I don't think you'll notice the difference in power, especially when referring to torque (12 ft lbs). I agree that the lower mileage would be more desirable. Both have same features like AHC and Navigation?
Yeah,

They are identical. So it really just comes down to the mileage or HP. Thanks for the input.

So,

After further research, the 05 did not have the timing belt/water pump done and the dealership is asking that I split the cost, ringing up at an extra $1100. With the miles and condition would it be worth it?

No, it's actually the 90k service, timing belt and water pump.
Play hard ball, mention youre looking at another LC and wait it out. Theyll do the service for free then.

Did the 2006 only have it done once? If so, you are looking at another in a few thousand miles. You can try and use the 90k service as a leverage point, but is an extra 1k of service with it to walk away? Would you be looking at baselining the truck? You are probably looking at some maintenance no matter what, the 2006 with more miles theoretically has more worn out parts that should be addressed (heater Tee's, ball joints, etc). I think knowing you maintenance (even paying to get out done up front) coupled with 50k less miles is a big benefit.

low miles and tell them to do the service... that is a less than $500 parts and labor cost to them... another reason for you to hate the dealer and the dealer to hate the internet... (with aftermarket parts on a fixed timing 4.7 the parts cost is less than $200)

yes Low miles is better than 25hp on a 5500lb truck..... When I re did all fluids and oil change and some other stuff along with TB and water pump it was around $1500 so they are really trying to get you on that $1100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom