A Costa Rica Prado Adventure!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrMoMo

That's not rust, it's Canadian patina...
Threads
We’ve all dreamed of it. We’ve all watched other people do it, but it seems like such a difficult thing to actually do ourselves. Hit the road and travel somewhere far away, a different world - experience things we have never seen before, eat food we have never tasted before, and live the exploring life. There is so much involved, so much time spent planning, so much that has to be given up, and coordinated. Or is there?

There is a simple way. Very simple. With almost no pre-planning required! We did it! We flew to Costa Rica with nothing but a first night hotel reservation, and a month long reservation with Nomad America, for a Prado 120 with a Roof Top Tent and camping supplies. It was AMAZING.

I’m slowly putting together all our video footage (it’s taking much longer than the adventure itself) - and if this is something you have considered doing, or had never even thought was an option - I urge you to watch through the series. Costa Rica is an unbelievable little country, and dropping into full time travel there is much easier than one might expect. Never felt unsafe. Always found somewhere to stay. Never got asked to leave anywhere. The people are super friendly, and the scenery, terrain, and wildlife (obviously!) are unforgettable.

If you dream of camping for free right at the beach, in the jungle, at hot springs, by volcanos.... Just Do It!

Here is Episode 1 - enjoy!

Unbelievable COSTA RICA adventure in a small 4x4 and Roof Top Tent!!

For those who prefer photos over video content, I’ll add some pics here as well while the thread progresses. This was our first camp spot. Night 1 in the truck. How much did this little spot cost us you might be wondering? Nothing - this is free camping!

IMG_6670.jpeg

IMG_6668.jpeg

Thats a sweet pic
Thanks! It’s an amazing place to see and explore (The whole country!) The little underpowered Prado took us everywhere, and one of the things that I really loved was all the water crossings on the little roads - really was my favorite driving thing to do!

Costa Rica is AMAZING above and below the water! - Beach Camping!!

Couple more still pics. My first Costa Rican water crossing:

IMG_0109.png

And just passed that crossing was our campsite in the jungle, at some hot springs.
IMG_6793.jpeg

We continued our adventure with some amazing waters, waterfalls, and high altitudes (Which didn’t really help the somewhat lacking of power in this Prado!). What an amazing place, and such a fun little vehicle to drive - it’s not all about speed!

You won’t believe Costa Rica’s hidden beaches, waterfalls, and ALPINE landscapes!

As with most things in life, I take way too long to complete things! Finally I’ve managed to wrap up editing of our 6th episode of our awesome LandCruiser Prado Roof Top Tent adventure in Costa Rica! Absolutely our favorite places in this episode - Hope you enjoy!

Well that’s interesting..l I seem to have missed posting episodes 4 and 5! Let’s do them first!
here is episode 4 Where we made it across to the pacific coast!

Is Costa Rica Beach Life really all it’s cracked up to be?

Last edited:
And episode 5, up to the North Pacific. This area is nothing short of amazing, with plenty of free camping spots!!

Freezing water, killer trees and Boating disasters! Guanacaste Costa Rica Adventures!

And episode 6! - truly our favorite spots of the trip so far. Amazing beaches and free camping!

BEST beach in Costa Rica! | Nomad America RTT Rental!

And a whole YEAR later, I’ve finally wrapped up editing the final episode!

Volcanos, bridges, and a BEACH THIEF! | 4x4 RTT Adventure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom