A/C condenser drain leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is my thumb on piece we are talking about (sorry to be so dense?), so it would be part #88578-47040? Others have said part # 88891-60040 which appears to be the whole cover...

I see your pic and now you make me think again. Maybe your gasket is inside the groove on the body side of things. If it helps you, try reading the cabin filter thread. Lots of info and more pictures.

Experienced the dripping from my 2006 LX470 and replaced the cabin air filters as well as the heater core packing. Getting the cover out and back in was a pain in the a$$ so I shot a quick video to capture a lesson learned about using a thin sheet of plastic to ease the process of sliding the cover back into place. Without it, I couldn't get the cover back into position because the edge kept snagging the foam exterior of the heater core. Hope it helps the next person lessen their frustration when putting things back together.
YouTube link:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="Lexus LX470 / Toyota Land Cruiser passenger floor mat condensation fix - YouTube" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So I have the leak, and I want to clean my ac while I’m servicing all this stuff. I bought the frigi clean where can I do that at when I have this stuff broke down? I bought the gasket to replace in the evap unit.

I also really need to clean the ac line I believe

20200625_161503.jpg
20200625_161507.jpg

I was under our 18 LX last night and noticed the condensation dripping from this location. Does this seem like it should be dripping right here? I would have thought it would have a clear shot to drip onto the pavement rather than creat a rust point onto metal. Just making sure I don't have a clog
20200625_161503.jpg
20200625_161507.jpg
20200625_161512.jpg

Another quick link about the cooler cover drip and home made remedies: Resealing the Evaporator Cover

The part number I was looking for to the gasket is : 88578-47040 (I don't remember the exact cost but it is <$30) Print the picture and take it with you to the parts dealer as the part number may not register (it didn't at Lexus of Austin)

View attachment 1280417

You can see it foam gasket recess at the top edge of the covers (THEY ARE UPSIDE DOWN):

View attachment 1280415

The pictures were jacked form this thread: Cabin air filter conversion - LC100 to LX470

Worst part of the job was removing the cover as the FSM says you need to remove the dash to not break the glove box support.

I can assure you it can be done without removing the dash.

Here is what the gasket looks like :

View attachment 1280424
Pics show covers with the raised part that pushes into the channel where the seal sits. One shows cover with pollen filter hatch, other without. My 2001 105 has no hatch & no filters, tho there is the space next to the evaporator where they go & screw scars shire someone has been in there prior to me.

Fixed mine with 6 mm rubber tube from Bunnings ($8), but still getting slight mouldy smell when first get into the car. Pollen filters perhaps wound fix that.

Thanks Jerryb. So in the photo you marked with yellow above that is the outside of the case. Am I correct in assuming that the gasket goes on the inside of the piece show in the pic below? The weird thing is that I didn't see any gasket piece anywhere to replace...View attachment 1370997
Raised line at bottom of cover goes into groove or channel in evap frame. Seal is in that channel. Get 5 or 6 mm rubber tube, cut to length, insert & replace cover. Don't need silicone etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom