A BLIZZARD is coming!!!!!!! (not snow related) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice find! I will have to come over and see it when you finally get it.

Ironically I just emailed my freight guy this morning to get the ETA. It got delayed for a few weeks. Pontiac is building the G6 and some other cars in AU so boat space is limited these days. I think it should be here in 2 weeks.

I'm currently cruiserless so it'll be good to get something!

I've driven a Samurai and they are really fun to drive in the woods, so this thing ought to be blast. The Suzuki I drove tops out at about 60 so it is an interesting ride on the highway when the semis blast by. You think you'll have any issues with title or inspection, or is this a trail only rig?

Title should be easy since it's over 25 years old. Max speed is 55 going downhill with the clutch in. The old owner said the gearing in it is so low that 50-55 really is about the top speed.

Last edited:
Arriving in Baltimore on the 15th. Should be in the driveway by the 20th

Cool, cant wait to see it. I found some of these on carpoint.au, but am looking for the perfect BJ-73.

Just showed up 1 hour ago. Super cool truck! The diesel runs really smooth and doesn't smoke. Has nice mud tires on it. It is TINY!! The wheelbase was too narrow to fit on the hauler so it was very precariously perched with half the tire on the rail and half over the center pit of the trailer.

Paint is in good condition for being original although the PO did try to touch up here and there. Battery is under the drivers seat which is odd. Under the battery seems to be the only place that there is any rot and that's very minimal.

Drove really well around the neighborhood. Needs a solid cleaning. 40+ mpg makes it dead sexy. Pics later

Ambulance doors are very cool. Note the 24 hr guard dog in the second pic.

did anyone else notice the linkback at the bottom of this thread? Links back to some off road site in CZ (I assume that's an eastern block country, Czech Republic? I'm huge in the Czech Republic so it makes sense)
blz1.JPG
blz2.jpg
blz3.JPG

Last edited:
mo pix

rust under the headlight on the corner (3rd pic) is really the only major spot in front and there is a bit on the roof but just some bubbling under the paint
blz4.JPG
blz5.JPG
blz6.JPG

even mo pix
blz7.JPG
blz8.JPG
blz9.JPG

That is pretty cool, Samurai sized?? I would SO not fit in that. :) :)

What size and brand are those tires? Never seen those before.

never seen the brand before but they are fairly normal sized tires and rims.

I'm not sure I fit into it all that well. It'd be like Cannonball Run where the guy pulled the drivers seat out and drove from the back seat.

Just degreasified it a little. There is either some kind of sap inside on the floor or the guy spilled coffee in it for 20 years. It cleans up but needs a serious scrubbing. Didn't have the energy for a full detailing. The rest cleaned up nice but definitely not the original paint. Original blue was a shade lighter or faded out before the repaint. They seem to be the original graphics that were painted around. Either way it's in very good shape. Came with an extra set of street tires and the back seat is like new (not original)

Starts up really easy with no smoke. Engine is covered in dirt but I'm a little afraid to spray degreaser and hose it off. Might let the next owner try that out. I have no electrical skills so......

Truck is 11.5 ft long and 4'8" wide. It's about 2 feet longer than my M101 for reference

Tire size is 30X9.5X15

That's funny.....the shifter knob (or whatever) is the same one that came on my HJ. I also had the matching transfer case shifter, but switched them to OEM.

That knob is a bit fruity. The original one is in the glovebox

Must be an aussie thing, my shifter is the clear version of that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom