97 trooper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

justbecause

perpetually lost.
Threads
I already posted on planet, I also wanted to check in on mud.

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=70532

Justbecause said:
I just picked this up from Trooperchris.

https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...143&sads=Du_wfi1My2I7ZlQSX11yxT2kVcc&sadssc=1

I have been looking for a DD for a while to replace my accord, and my 80 series land cruiser.
I think the trooper is a nice middle ground.

I used to have a 97 passport, hindsight I wish I had never gotten rid of it...
my girlfriend and I have nothing but good things to say about her 2000 rodeo. I hope this trooper treats me as well as isuzus have treated me in the past.

as of now I need to figure out why it seems like my 02 sensor smokes, track down a power steering (i think) leak. and get the driver's window functioning.
PO told me I needed some ball joints, and CV boots.

once thats taken care of, I'll need to get a set of sliders.

Hopefully my current roof rack can be modified to use on the trooper; Is there anyway to add a third mounting location towards the front of the roof? I think Ill have too much unsupported forward weight if I only use the two yakima cross bars.

my 2001 has mounting accommodations at the front of the roof for a total of 6 mounting points. I don't know about the 97 but it might be worth a second look. I have a Surco rack that goes the entire length of the roof and uses the stock mounting points.

my 2001 has mounting accommodations at the front of the roof for a total of 6 mounting points. I don't know about the 97 but it might be worth a second look. I have a Surco rack that goes the entire length of the roof and uses the stock mounting points.

from the factory the mounts are covered up with some tape/glue I noticed it pealing up on the passenger side, that helped me located the driver side, so i have 6 now.

I need to get some mounts sturdy enough to hold my rack and RTT.

Surco sells the mounts that attach to trooper's roof. It's pretty sturdy. It's actually a pretty simple piece of bent metal that you mount your rail to.

I built mounts out of some scrap steel I found at a metal yard. The Trooper is a bit wider in front than in the back. I bent brackets that angled out, then back in, then vertical for the front. From the roof to vertical for the middle. In the rear the mounts angled out. The resulting rails were wide enough to slide on a full sheet of plywood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom