Parting Out 97 triple locked LC front end rear quarter damage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UPDATE:

SHOCKER, The insurance company and me are pretty far away on valuation, might take another week or two to resolve.

I used to work for an Insurance Brokerage, sometimes the companies take what seems to be an unnecessarily long time. Plus, like someone had said:
The bottomline is that you can't trust your insurance company's claims team to give you a fair shake, especially on a 20+ year old heavily modified vehicle. If you have a lot of $$$ in receipts, you might consider looking at this option. I'll be happy to share my experience with my appraiser and the appraisal process once we get through it in case you are considering going this route.

If and when, how much would you ask for your dead-pedal and the rear speaker grills (the ones on the ceiling?)

Edit: Shipped to 80918

Interested in the right headlight reflector if not damaged and rubber back covers for the headlights.

Keep anything usable on the headlights since they have been discontinued.

Good luck

I am interested in the right front fender flare. Shipped to 90807/ Long Beach, CA? Also, regarding the rear hatch glass, is the defroster pattern embedded in the glass or does it appear to be stuck on the glass so that it is exposed? Thank you and sorry that you experienced the demise of your 80. Glad everyone was ok.

Regards,

GF

In anticipation of the insurance company totaling my baby I'm starting a part out thread to see what the interest work level is like for me to buy it back and part it out

Truck was my daily driver and as reliable as they get, loved this truck, well cared for.

If you are interested in parts please list what you are looking for and your postal code.

NEW PARTS NEVER INSTALLED
set of front brake rotors (brembo) new in box never installed.
rear plaque "toyota lander cruiser" brand new never installed.
Antenna mast

prefer to deal locally (Pheonix area Arizona). the truck was in great working condition motor is strong.

interior:
cracked dash, seam seat rip in the driver seat, leather is hard, second row is good. plastic panels are generally good mius cracked dash ane driver and passenger door door panels where inside door handle connects.

the previous owner did an awesome job of detailing the work he did, I took over ownership of the truck at around 240k, at its death it has 256k on it.
What i did the past two years:
new suspension bushings, suspension components powder coated, new tires, roof rack, led lights, oil changes at Toyota dealership, diff, and trans changed with redline, new exhaust custom cat back, and a ton more:

the previous owner (forum handle 1972fj55) all records kept...
Head:
Head surfaced, valves ground, 3 angle valve seats
valves adjusted, new timing chain, gears, tensioner and guides.
All gaskets replaced (there was no head gasket issue, the timing chain
had jumped two teeth), new head bolts
new Denso plug wires, Denso Iridium spark plugs, cap & rotor

Block:
main and rod bearings inspected and reinstalled (they looked like new)
crosshatch still visible on all cylinder walls, pistons cleaned and reinstalled
new motor mounts, alternator brushes and starter contacts replaced,
knock sensors replaced with OEM, coolant temp sensor replaced,
new exhaust studs and nuts, all head bolts replaced with new,

Cooling System:
PHH replaced with silicone hose and
constant torque clamps, new thermostat, Toyota belts, fresh Toyota red antifreeze
new heater valve, new Aisin water pump, Eaton fan clutch drained and
refilled with 20k cst fluid, all new radiator hoses,
Radiator replaced Aug ’12

Fuel System:
Injectors cleaned, new o-rings and flow tested.
Intake manifold cleaned,
Fuel pump replaced Oct ’12 with new Denso

Emission system:
New charcoal canister in Mar ’12 (GM alternate)
O2 sensors replaced Sept ’12 (Denso)
vacuum switching valve replaced and relocated,
new breather hoses, new Thermostatic vacuum valve

Suspension/steering:
OME “stock height” lift with Tokico shocks less than 10k since installed
10mm spring spacers, new steering stabilizer, all power steering hoses replaced
and pump re-sealed.
Powder coated satin black wheels )
Alignment done at time of tire installation

Brakes:
Brake Performance slotted rotors and ceramic pads on all 4 corners (100 series pads up front)
Brake booster replaced June ’14 along with the vacuum hose and check valve for the booster

Transmission:
All lines replaced, fluid replaced with synthetic and front pump seal replaced

HVAC:
New compressor and drier (Denso) and drier relocated to battery box
using modified factory R12 lines, condenser and hoses/lines flushed,
all 3 schrader valves replaced, A/C and heat both work great!
heater hoses in engine compartment replaced
pictures of some parts are up :

crash :(

Interested in the right headlight reflector if not damaged and rubber back covers for the headlights.

Keep anything usable on the headlights since they have been discontinued.

Good luck

I have one good rubber gasket from behind the headlights, make offer. thanks pictures here:

Damn, local to me. Sorry about the accident, glad you guys are ok. Got a dash mounted cup holder? It’s all I can think that I need beside gears and a rear locker. I might be interested in rear pads and rotors if nobody wants them, but I doubt that’ll be the case.

jdm cup holder pics here, make offer :)

What color is the interior? I might want the rear interior door panels. I cut mine for speakers i didnt end up liking. Also, how good are your belt moulings? Thats the outter window seals, i could use inner window seals too, if yours are in good shape. Im sure ill come up with more stuff i want/need.

Oh! Cdl switch!!!!

Good luck with the insurance company.

Need driver side front and rear arm rests. And if the front fender flare, falls through I take that to.

What color is the interior? I might want the rear interior door panels. I cut mine for speakers i didnt end up liking. Also, how good are your belt moulings? Thats the outter window seals, i could use inner window seals too, if yours are in good shape. Im sure ill come up with more stuff i want/need.

Oh! Cdl switch!!!!

Belt moldings are a year old, just replaced in may
CDL switch is ready to ship.

View media item 66537View media item 66538

Good luck with the insurance company.

Need driver side front and rear arm rests. And if the front fender flare, falls through I take that to.

will contact you after i get things squared with the insurance company.

Interested in stock CDL switch, cup holder and a center diff lock actuator shipped to 92115. Its hard to tell from the pics, but are the front/rear bumpers bent or badly damaged? Might just make the drive to Scottsdale.

Interested in stock CDL switch, cup holder and a center diff lock actuator shipped to 92115. Its hard to tell from the pics, but are the front/rear bumpers bent or badly damaged? Might just make the drive to Scottsdale.

Cup holder sold.

CDL is here. Not sure how to pull the center actuator.

I have a few buyers but in line for the bumpers but I will let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom