97 LX450 Subtle Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well we might be back to the drawing board. I sent the crank in to have it checked. After cleaning the machinist discovered it had already been turned down by .25mm and they do not make a .50mm bearing. I do have the original crank out of the motor that I may send in, but it looks pretty rough.

Without bad luck you wouldn't have any on the engine rebuild

Well we might be back to the drawing board. I sent the crank in to have it checked. After cleaning the machinist discovered it had already been turned down by .25mm and they do not make a .50mm bearing. I do have the original crank out of the motor that I may send in, but it looks pretty rough.

oh no..... Did I give you the wrong crank? I have one in the weeds I can look at. What is the standard diameter I am looking for?

oh no..... Did I give you the wrong crank? I have one in the weeds I can look at. What is the standard diameter I am looking for?

I don't know if it was the wrong one. The machinist just said that it had already been turned. This is what I found on sizing

Using a micrometer, measure the diameter of each main journal and crank pin.
Main journal diameter:

STD size: 68.982 - 69.000 mm (2.7158 - 2.7165 inch)
U/S 0.25: 68.745 - 68.755 mm (2.7065 - 2.7069 inch)

Crank pin diameter:

STD size: 56.982 - 57.000 mm (2.2434 - 2.2441 inch)
U/S 0.25: 56.745 - 56.755 mm (2.2341 - 2.2344 inch)

FOR SALE ! All right, I'm going to offer this here before I post it to the KC area Toyota FB club. Between a major remodel on our home, repairs needed on my daily drivers, and most of all home school for 4 kids, I have decided to sell this project rather than have it sit around in my shop for the foreseeable future. I just don't have the time for it. What I do have is a clean title signed over from the PO, a motor that is already out and ready for whatever you want to do with it (all bolts labeled) and a willingness to help you load it and move on with my life. The first $1000 see's it to it's new home. You will need to bring a trailer or arrange pickup. Feel free to shoot me a text or just give me a call if you want more details.

SOLD !

Last edited:
Well that was fast. I would have been interested. Seems I have parts. And a new born, so maybe not. I’m not sure, been spending to much time around kelly. Bad influence. Bad influence. I keep telling myself that at least

Well that was fast. I would have been interested. Seems I have parts. And a new born, so maybe not. I’m not sure, been spending to much time around kelly. Bad influence. Bad influence. I keep telling myself that at least

Yeah, good friend of mine wanted it. Very possible he will be interested in that motor from your part out. I will let him know about it.

if he changes his mind, let me know, GM crate that would do great in that rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom