97' FZJ80 heated seat install with Toyota horizontal low/high switches (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any idea if there are plugs there for the Lexus?
Not sure. Takes about 10 min. to pull your center console out though... let us know :)

WHERE TO ADD THE PINS UNDER THE SEAT FOR POWER TO THE HEATED SEAT ELEMENTS
Here is picture showing the underside of my seat. I noted where the seat bottom element wires come through and the seat back wires come through. You join those together and then attach Toyota male pins to the positive and negative wires. I had some old wiring laying around that I could use for the pins, so you will have to find some or source them from somewhere. You will need four of them ( a positive and negative for each seat.
But here is a picture of what one would look like so you can get an idea:
View attachment 1179335

Here is a picture of the underside of the seat with notes on where and what is going on:
View attachment 1179336

Here is a close up picture of what it looks like and shows the ground wire being tapped into:
The two green wires you see on the left are the positive and negative that I added.
View attachment 1179338

What are the part numbers for those pins?

What are the part numbers for those pins?
Not sure.. You will have to source them or do what I did and pull them out of some other plugs I had laying around and reuse them.

Wow, thanks for the detailed writeup!

I'd heard rumors of factory heat seats, (even had all carpet out once) -but never something solid with pics & part# for it - and seeing as I've swapped a main floor harness I thought I knew quite a bit of the possibilities wired into the loom.

Thanks for this, you taught me a new one!

Wow, thanks for the detailed writeup!

I'd heard rumors of factory heat seats, (even had all carpet out once) -but never something solid with pics & part# for it - and seeing as I've swapped a main floor harness I thought I knew quite a bit of the possibilities wired into the loom.

Thanks for this, you taught me a new one!
Thank you. And you're welcome. I view the project, much like everything here on Mud, a team effort. I read a lot of other threads and looked through tons of searches to tackle the project. This community is pretty amazing.

Could you use the rear heater switch in place of the seat heater switch?
Good question. I'm not able to take the fascia off this weekend to see if the pigtails from the heated switches plug into the rear heat switch. If they do then that would be great. But you would still need the wiring pigtail that came with the heated seat switches.

Good question. I'm not able to take the fascia off this weekend to see if the pigtails from the heated switches plug into the rear heat switch. If they do then that would be great. But you would still need the wiring pigtail that came with the heated seat switches.

I think I remember a site being posted on here where you can order just the Toyota connectors for wiring. I remember it being hard to navigate though.

Side question, the two plugs under the console for the seat heaters look to be different sizes. Is there a right hand/left hand specific wiring harness for each seat? Or are they interchangeable?

Great write up by the way! You have tackled a job I have tried to do in the past, but I guess lacked the persistence that you have. This makes things much simpler to work with.

Well done. This is great for all of us who have trashed seats and need to redo them anyway.

I think I remember a site being posted on here where you can order just the Toyota connectors for wiring. I remember it being hard to navigate though.

Side question, the two plugs under the console for the seat heaters look to be different sizes. Is there a right hand/left hand specific wiring harness for each seat? Or are they interchangeable?

Great write up by the way! You have tackled a job I have tried to do in the past, but I guess lacked the persistence that you have. This makes things much simpler to work with.
Correct, there are two different sizes for the plugs. Left and right are totally different.

Well done. This is great for all of us who have trashed seats and need to redo them anyway.
Thanks. That was kind of the position I was in. I had been budgeting for new foam, new leather, heated seats, and factory looking switches. It just took a long time to save up the cash and figure out which switches I could use.

I forgot I had this. This was from someone else on this site.
1450990811403.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this "winter" project. Will be neat to have heated seats with a factory look.

I sourced the switches yesterday from JP-Carparts in Japan over PayPal. USD 124.00 including shipping for both left and right - new OEM. I acknowledge it's a little high, but I'm glad to have OEM on the way.

PLEASE NOTE - according to Shintaro at JP-Carparts, the right hand switch has an updated part number - at least in Japan. Per Shintaro, the correct part numbers are:

LH -- 84751-60040

RH -- 84751-60010

Hope this helps others find these switches. At least this is one source that has new OEM available.

Here's a photo Shintaro sent of the switches...

image.jpeg

I'm looking forward to this "winter" project. Will be neat to have heated seats with a factory look.

I sourced the switches yesterday from JP-Carparts in Japan over PayPal. USD 124.00 including shipping for both left and right - new OEM. I acknowledge it's a little high, but I'm glad to have OEM on the way.

PLEASE NOTE - according to Shintaro at JP-Carparts, the right hand switch has an updated part number - at least in Japan. Per Shintaro, the correct part numbers are:

LH -- 84751-60040

RH -- 84751-60010

Hope this helps others find these switches. At least this is one source that has new OEM available.

Here's a photo Shintaro sent of the switches...

View attachment 1180810
Good for you. Glad you tried them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom