97 CE triple locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirt Ferguson

SILVER Star
Threads
There’s a nice 97 CE for sale near me. Black with tan interior, 256K miles, triple locked, OME lift (2.5”) w 30mm coil spacers, $13K asking

The Good:

Engine Bay is clean, no leaks
Redone interior leather
No accidents
It drives well, feels right, no red flags
All electronics works from the sunroof, to the windows, only thing that is lacking is the power antennae (non existent)

The Questionable:

Very light Carfax history, basic maintenance (oil changes) listed only
This truck lived in Tahoe for a bit and bc of that it has some light surface rust on the undercarriage
Heater Valve definitely needs to be replaced, based on the color.
Zero records of any major repairs or maintenance otherwise

I guess my main question is given the initial impression that the rig is in fair condition would you move forward?

1402D378-8246-4967-87D9-819D05ACDCCC.jpeg

Light Carfax is no issue. Talk to the owner and get a feel for if he did his own maintenance.
Light surface rust is not an issue on the frame.
$13k is in the area of what I was seeing for similar trucks when I was looking, so I would buy it.

Light Carfax is no issue. Talk to the owner and get a feel for if he did his own maintenance.
Light surface rust is not an issue on the frame.
$13k is in the area of what I was seeing for similar trucks when I was looking, so I would buy it.

Agreed.

I bought my Land Cruiser when it was three years old and have literally done ALL the maintenance and EVERY repair on it since. You would not find a speck of maintenance history on mine. Carfax is also NOT a reliable source for accident reports, so I would glean what I could from a Carfax report but go with the general appearance and test drive.

The asking price sounds reasonable and that vehicle (if as represented) would not last long in my market area.

yeah dont worry about a carfax. my LX had a hit so hard the frame and front axle got bent so the cab was swapped onto one that was rolled and then it was rolled and the cab swapped again so yeah... none of that got reported haha.

No, he didn't buy it. A few things we couldn't look past, as you said. He also upped the price to 16,500 which didn't help but he claims he has a buyer who wrote the wrong name on a check for that price but was willing to still sell to him. Just seemed off.

No, he didn't buy it. A few things we couldn't look past, as you said. He also upped the price to 16,500 which didn't help but he claims he has a buyer who wrote the wrong name on a check for that price but was willing to still sell to him. Just seemed off.
Was it a Nigerian Prince?

I think I know that guy.......

Mmmm, black on tan triple locked CE? Man thats someones dream truck. Maybe the best looking 80 they ever offered here?

@studawg they’re aftermarket seat covers, the vin stickers were taped on to the some of the body panels and the paint job looks like someone did it with a old brush and a gallon of Behr in their backyard. Lifted with no caster correction. No records for the vehicle. I’ve looked at it and driven it and one other person here has seen it. We both walked away.

Still think it’s a dream truck?

@studawg they’re aftermarket seat covers, the vin stickers were taped on to the some of the body panels and the paint job looks like someone did it with a old brush and a gallon of Behr in their backyard. Lifted with no caster correction. No records for the vehicle. I’ve looked at it and driven it and one other person here has seen it. We both walked away.

Still think it’s a dream truck?
So is it a Black/tan, triple locked, Collectors Edition or not? Thats all I was commenting on. Not saying anything about that particular truck, I know nothing about it. Im just talking about a Black/Tan triple locked CE in general.

I think the black might be a available in the CE.

I think the black might be a available in the CE.
Oh it definitely is, the CE was available in all the colors. The 40th was only Emerald Green and Antique Sage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom