Wanted 96 LC Rear Lower Hatch, Dark Green (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Howdy y'all!

First post on IH8MUD.. I'm looking for a dark green rear lower hatch for my 96 LC. The previous owner got rear ended and dented it pretty good. Local to San Pedro CA.

Thanks!

IMG_2018.jpeg

Howdy y'all!

First post on IH8MUD.. I'm looking for a dark green rear lower hatch for my 96 LC. The previous owner got rear ended and dented it pretty good. Local to San Pedro CA.

Thanks!

View attachment 3568877
Until You find a replacement tailgate... You might be able to remove the factory carpet and then remove one of all 3 of the access openings and press that out with your hands or some type of sleever bar and press that back out. The metal doesn't have a lot of inner support and the tailgate is kinda a open cavity making it easy to dent and hopefully easy to undent.
If You decide to get a new one and just replace it don't just junk the existing tailgate. Plenty of people can use it dent and all. And You can recoup some of your cost to replace.

I have one in Michigan. It is green not rusty, but would cost something to ship. Let me know if you are interested. I can send a pic or quote shipping.

Until You find a replacement tailgate... You might be able to remove the factory carpet and then remove one of all 3 of the access openings and press that out with your hands or some type of sleever bar and press that back out. The metal doesn't have a lot of inner support and the tailgate is kinda a open cavity making it easy to dent and hopefully easy to undent.
If You decide to get a new one and just replace it don't just junk the existing tailgate. Plenty of people can use it dent and all. And You can recoup some of your cost to replace.
I will definitely try that in the upcoming weeks. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom